This is interesting ... and I caused it of course:

This all started with that crinkly/tape-peeling-off sound you know so well from the Masherbrums. The facing rollers become sticky. On the first machine I pulled off the primary transfer belt and scrubbed up the facing rollers with orange oil cleaner. On the second machine I discovered that I could leave the belt on, and slide out each of the facing rollers, clean them, and slip them back in. It seemed like a less risky choice ... it's so easy to wrinkle the transfer belt.

I think I've only had to remove a transfer belt once before on this series ... it was an eS 2550C. That transfer belt assembly is noticeable wobbly. One of the facing roller bushings had slipped out of the tensioner. It's an "H" shaped frame, and if you give it a little squeeze in the center, the bearings pop out. It is much improved on the Weisshorn Low/High.

Back to today:
Voids crossfeed at 57mm intervals, affect all four colors equally. It affects heavy fill with a 10mm wide void but 11% fill cannot detect the void. This grading of the void told me it was charge related ... but 57mm? Developer is 22mm or 28mm, drum is 94mm.

57mm/3.14152965 = 18.1mm diameter which is the facing roller(s). When I removed the right facing roller earlier, I did not re-position the ground contact spring to touch the rear bushing. I'm assuming that the facing roller builds up a charge, then releases it once per rotation.

Thought I'd share. =^..^=