Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Toshiba 2505AC cannot get in to service mode home+start for firmware upgrade

Hi all,

I need to update the firmware on a clients Toshiba 2505ac due to some printing problems, it seems its not been updated since install 2 years ago. according to the service history. (I'm new to the company)

I'm powering on the machine whilst holding home and start. It does not beep and just goes through the process of starting up in to normal mode.

I can get in to the other service mode holding the other buttons and also through the user function setting.

Any advice on how to get in to update the firmware when in this happens?

Would it matter that it had a power supply changed recently?

Thanks in advance

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba 2505AC cannot get in to service mode home+start for firmware upgrade

Is Toshiba Cloud Connect enabled? Maybe it will accept firmware remotely? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba 2505AC cannot get in to service mode home+start for firmware upgrade

What FW does Top Access currently display?

What print issue are you trying to resolve?

Anytime the power supply goes, the whole copier gets a zap which could cause other problems. Any idea what might have caused the power supply board to fail?

Is the copier protected by a quality surge suppressor?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by linakerd View Post
    Hi all,

I need to update the firmware on a clients Toshiba 2505ac due to some printing problems, it seems its not been updated since install 2 years ago. according to the service history. (I'm new to the company)

I'm powering on the machine whilst holding home and start. It does not beep and just goes through the process of starting up in to normal mode.

I can get in to the other service mode holding the other buttons and also through the user function setting.

Any advice on how to get in to update the firmware when in this happens?

Would it matter that it had a power supply changed recently?

Thanks in advance
    I don't think the power supply replacement matters, however if there was a power issue the HDD might be corrupted. Try turning the copier on from the main switch on the lower right rear corner while pressing Home and Start, if that doesn't work I believe the best way to get rid of this issue is first back up the unit by cloning the clients info, then format HDD and update firmware. Make sure you test the electrical drop and confirm right voltage, kindly update status please.