Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Most common problems with the EBM machines?

Being somewhat new to Toshiba I was wondering what you guy's and gal's come across the most often fault wise. So far these boxes have been fantastic and have had few breakdowns because of the small amount of machines in the field so far (about 100). What do customers complain the most about. What should I expect later down the road and parts to stock up on? Thank you so much for any commits in advanced and have a great Labor Day weekend!!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Most common problems with the EBM machines?

On the high volume 4505AC's and 4515AC's you'll have developer seals failing just like the 4555C does. The black grid rarely lasts to the PM. Fans are noisy all around, especially the ozone fan and the developer cooling fan.

On the 4508A's the lower drum seal never makes the PM cycle without dumping drum waste down into the transfer roller. The heat roller might make 100K, maybe. You'll use 2-3 heat rollers to the rest of the fuser. Fans also noisy here.

On the 5506ACT, 5516ACT, 5508A, 5518A the grids turn a lovely shade of green, producing the expected quality issues. Endusers that have had this same LCF on three previous machines STILL cannot load the paper properly without blocking the center gate. At least now it's bright yellow colored. The E-clips at the ends of the developing augers cut through the auger shaft, dropping the clip down the front, and letting the auger work it's way out the back. I'm not sure what Toshiba screwed up here, but it's basically the same developing unit as the 5520C/5540C/5560C which never did that.

They have been an improvement overall over the previous generations. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Re: Most common problems with the EBM machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    Being somewhat new to Toshiba I was wondering what you guy's and gal's come across the most often fault wise. So far these boxes have been fantastic and have had few breakdowns because of the small amount of machines in the field so far (about 100). What do customers complain the most about. What should I expect later down the road and parts to stock up on? Thank you so much for any commits in advanced and have a great Labor Day weekend!!!
    I agree with blackcat, I can add the fuser films on the console units won't last as long as manual says, so stock up a few of those and the oil that goes inside as well as the felt are critical for them to function properly once replaced. Another thing to consider and this is extremely important for those console units that use heavy color all the time, 500k and up on color within the first year and a half of contract, and I'm not aware if this is your case but I'll save you the research and headaches is replacing the crappy gold grids plus the terminal holder on all main chargers. So the 75 ppm will bring a silver grid on the black main charger, the Y,M and C will be gold grids. But to replace the gold grids with silver ones (which they come in the EPU kit for K) you'll have to replace the plastic holder on the terminal make sure to compare on parts manual or let me know if you have questions. These silver grids will last longer and will prevent developer depletion on high color volume units whether it's the 7516, 5516 or 6516.