Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Going from KM to Toshiba

Would you all recommend it? Ive worked on about every brand except Toshiba and Sharp. How is the quality of Toshiba devices?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Going from KM to Toshiba

Re: Going from KM to Toshiba

Quote Originally Posted by splblazer91 View Post
    Would you all recommend it? Ive worked on about every brand except Toshiba and Sharp. How is the quality of Toshiba devices?
    What made you choose Tosh?

I'd stick with KM or Ricoh of I was you.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Our sales manager and reps suck where im at. Service is constantly getting screwed because they dont want to do their job. FYI......actually looking to go from service to sales.

Going from KM to Toshiba

Excellent move, excellent product quality and reliability where often parts and consumables last well past factory spec, right priced, full feature product line that combines the best of Toshiba and Lexmark with great support.

KM is king of the Production space if that is important to you. Toshiba really does not compete in that space.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Going from KM to Toshiba

There would be absolutely NO reason to go from KM to Toshiba... I am a Toshiba guy over 30 years and once I discovered the superior image quality and reliability of Konica Minolta, especially on the color, I never went back. Toshibas are FRAUGHT with issues, mostly paper jamming, because they're built very cheaply. My KMs have outlasted the Toshibas by hundreds of thousands of copies, even when supplies have gone past their life. No brainer.
    OC

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Going from KM to Toshiba

Konica Minolta and Toshiba both have excellent, consistent image quality. The KM consumables typically last longer. They're both fine machines. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    There would be absolutely NO reason to go from KM to Toshiba... I am a Toshiba guy over 30 years and once I discovered the superior image quality and reliability of Konica Minolta, especially on the color, I never went back. Toshibas are FRAUGHT with issues, mostly paper jamming, because they're built very cheaply. My KMs have outlasted the Toshibas by hundreds of thousands of copies, even when supplies have gone past their life. No brainer.
    OC
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Konica Minolta and Toshiba both have excellent, consistent image quality. The KM consumables typically last longer. They're both fine machines. =^..^=
    BC, I know may regret one day for that but now I'm with OC on this. It is so frightening easy to become 'super' tech working on KM machines mainly because one may have enough time to spend on this great forum instead of running around doing PM kits.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Going from KM to Toshiba

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    OC
    If you are honest with yourself, since Toshiba introduced the eBridge Next line, Toshiba's have been working great! Reliability is high, image quality is great, feature set is great, easy to work on, great build quality, good pricing, new A4 line and parts and consumables that often last well past PM schedules.

KM, like all copier suppliers, has taken a big hit with COVID-19 and a lot of their cash cows are now far less profitable resulting in the forced terminations off of a lot of talented staff.

Trump tariffs on good imported from China increased some KM pricing.

In Canada, several KM dealers have picked up the Toshiba line due to both organizational disappointments with KM and pleasure with those new Toshiba's that they have put in the field.

Unless Oystercopy has worked on the current Toshiba eBN product line, his comments are out of date.

If anything the new KM iSeries line has been not the greatest as can be reviewed from the many tech threads on CTN.