NEED HELP! Toshiba E-Studio 3540C

Hi All,

I have recently bought a Toshiba E-Studio 3540C from my workplace who no longer wanted it.

We were using it over the ethernet/internet line. All I know is we had to put in the password every time we wanted to print. I still know the password.

However I have brought it home, and this time connected it to the PC directly via USB cable.

Windows 10 immediately recognised it and installed a driver. When I go to print, it shows Toshiba as the Ready printer and I can even open up to change quality/paper preferences in the Toshiba pop up.

But I can't print a damn thing. When I do print, the printer logo shows up at bottom right corner and "ACCESS PRINT DATA" flashes on the copier a few times then disappears and so does the printer logo on the PC.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    NEED HELP! Toshiba E-Studio 3540C

Re: NEED HELP! Toshiba E-Studio 3540C

You probably have Department Management turned ON and all of your jobs are routed to the Invalid queue because your print driver is a V4 type (Windows will automatically install this crap driver) and not a V3 type (Toshiba Manufacturer driver that normally you must install it yourself). To be honest I'm not sure if Department printing will work via USB connection even if you have the right driver installed.

Anyway you can disable using Department Code: on the Machine Control Panel press Counter -> Department Management -> you'll be asked for admin password, the default password is 123456 -> select Department Management and turn it OFF.

Proper driver you can download from here: https://www.toshibatec.eu/publicsite...12.4835.17.zip
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Re: NEED HELP! Toshiba E-Studio 3540C

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    You probably have Department Management turned ON and all of your jobs are routed to the Invalid queue because your print driver is a V4 type (Windows will automatically install this crap driver) and not a V3 type (Toshiba Manufacturer driver that normally you must install it yourself). To be honest I'm not sure if Department printing will work via USB connection even if you have the right driver installed.

Anyway you can disable using Department Code: on the Machine Control Panel press Counter -> Department Management -> you'll be asked for admin password, the default password is 123456 -> select Department Management and turn it OFF.

Proper driver you can download from here: https://www.toshibatec.eu/publicsite...12.4835.17.zip

You bloody legend, it worked.