Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Scanning to PC - Toshiba E-Studio

Hi All,

I have just finished setting up a Toshiba Estudio 3540C via USB to PC thanks to a contributor here.

I now have another issue. What is the best way to scan a document direct to PC? On a normal printer, it came with software where I click the Scan button and it scanned it to a folder on my desktop.

This being a copier printer, I've installed the V2 driver but I haven't installed any "Suites".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Scanning to PC - Toshiba E-Studio

If you're connected via USB then your only option will be to scan to a USB flash drive. You'll see the port on the right side edge of the copier. After inserting the stick press Scan button on the control panel and then press USB soft key on the touchscreen. This model does not support scanning over USB cable as far as I know. It might have TWAIN driver but I've never heard of it for this series.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Technician

Not sure your specifics on this, just a thought, but can you use scan or send as email? Might be an easier way.

I walked away from this, then thought s*** if your connected via USB email won't work lol.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

All of Toshiba's MFDs are intended to be network connected devices, that they support USB at all is more of an after thought.

With that in mind you can print via USB but scanning via this method is not supported, your only option without a network is to plug in a USB flash drive and scan to that, then insert it into your computer and copy the file over.

There is a TWAIN driver but it again requires that the device is connected to a network. You are better off running a network cable from the printer into your router/modem and setting it up that way, then you have access to the full range of features including scan to email or scan to folder.

They also don't make any scanning software, you would need to use a 3rd party program.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.