Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba e347csl squeaking loudly when printing

I have a e347csl in as a loaner copier and it is squeaking loudly when it prints.

Fortunately, the copier is in a room by itself.

Anybody remember why the print engine on these copiers squeaked?

The customer has a e356 with 400k on it that they got for free from somewhere. I do not feel like trying to fix it anymore so I put in a loaner and a quote on a new e330AC.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Toshiba e347csl squeaking loudly when printing

Crappy fuser unit?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

I have a use one to try.

Thanks,

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

There is a small gear train that runs the fuser, consists of 3 gears on a pivot type engage (drives in one direction and lets go in the other). Its in between the print engine and the copier shell they stuck around it. It's been a squeak maker and a pain for me for years. There is no easy way to get anywhere close to the stinking thing without framing the unit. I normally remove everything easy then tip the machine at an angle and use the skinny tube / metal rod / get oil to drip on the shaft aerobics to get it to stop but it will come back without the proper lube.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    There is a small gear train that runs the fuser, consists of 3 gears on a pivot type engage (drives in one direction and lets go in the other). Its in between the print engine and the copier shell they stuck around it. It's been a squeak maker and a pain for me for years. There is no easy way to get anywhere close to the stinking thing without framing the unit. I normally remove everything easy then tip the machine at an angle and use the skinny tube / metal rod / get oil to drip on the shaft aerobics to get it to stop but it will come back without the proper lube.
    This is only a loaner copier but I can manhandle it by myself into customer locations so I would like to keep it working. Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The image drums on those start to seize up as they get old and it could be an indication one is on it's way out, easy to test by removing one at a time and closing the cover to see if noise disappears. I've also had squeaking coming from where the transfer belt shafts make contact with the earth/leaf springs on the machine body.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.

Quote Originally Posted by djbass View Post
    The image drums on those start to seize up as they get old and it could be an indication one is on it's way out, easy to test by removing one at a time and closing the cover to see if noise disappears. I've also had squeaking coming from where the transfer belt shafts make contact with the earth/leaf springs on the machine body.
    Next time i am onsite, I will try that.

I am not in a hurry to fix this. It is a loaner copier and it is time for the customer to upgrade to a new one.