Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Toshiba e-studio 5015ac wireless printing enabler

Hi,

I am a supplier of Toshiba tec devices and have come into an ongoing issue with an install. In my clients building they are running two separate newtorks. 1 for ipads and wireless devices (192. . .) and one with an Ethernet connection (10. . . )

Previously they had a kyocera which they could would accept a second ethernet card (*Toshiba does not offer this option) and they networked in two separate networks.

I purchased the wireless/bluetooth enabler and had an engineer install it on this device, the issue is it diabled the ethernet port. Did our engineer install this wrong or is there an issue running these side by side?

If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba e-studio 5015ac wireless printing enabler

I seem to recall that we ran into this issue, and Yes it's one or the other, not both.

You may have success using a wireless to USB print server. We used to do this on a wide variety of machines that needed both wireless and Ethernet connections. (I'm fairly certain that USB and Ethernet can work at the same time.)
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Did you find a solution to this? We just got two 4525AC 's yesterday. We have the same setup, ethernet for workstations and a WiFi network with separate IP range and subnet for phones/laptops/guests. So basically we have no way to print other than saving to a usb and walking to the printers (or dedicating a printer to the wireless network).
    Our previous KMB C450i's could not accommodate our setup. When we ordered the Toshiba's, we asked about this capability and were assure WiFi and ethernet could simultaneously with the addition of GN-4030 cards. However, the setup technician could not get simultaneously operation working; enabling one disables the other.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Does the machines have the 2nd LAN adapter installed?
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

There are separate settings for the wireless cards under functions - admin - Wireless settings or Bluetooth settings (not under network settings). Depending on how it was configured it will disable wired connection by default.
    As a cheap option we use TP-Link TL-PA4022PKIT as an alternative to wireless cards. Always keep one in my car.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lasersupplies View Post
    Hi,

I am a supplier of Toshiba tec devices and have come into an ongoing issue with an install. In my clients building they are running two separate newtorks. 1 for ipads and wireless devices (192. . .) and one with an Ethernet connection (10. . . )

Previously they had a kyocera which they could would accept a second ethernet card (*Toshiba does not offer this option) and they networked in two separate networks.

I purchased the wireless/bluetooth enabler and had an engineer install it on this device, the issue is it diabled the ethernet port. Did our engineer install this wrong or is there an issue running these side by side?

If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Current Toshiba e4525AC series (eBN3) does offer the option of adding a second NIC card into the copier. This option is not available for the now discontinued e5015AC copiers.

The new Toshiba GN4030-A3 wireless adaptor seems much more powerful than previous options.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 08-31-2023 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mccmark View Post
    Did you find a solution to this? We just got two 4525AC 's yesterday. We have the same setup, ethernet for workstations and a WiFi network with separate IP range and subnet for phones/laptops/guests. So basically we have no way to print other than saving to a usb and walking to the printers (or dedicating a printer to the wireless network).
    Our previous KMB C450i's could not accommodate our setup. When we ordered the Toshiba's, we asked about this capability and were assure WiFi and ethernet could simultaneously with the addition of GN-4030 cards. However, the setup technician could not get simultaneously operation working; enabling one disables the other.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    You need to acquire the 2nd NIC card option #UE300 and holder for each copier if you require two IP addresses present in the same device.

Make sure you have the GN4030-A3 for the wireless connectivity or a 3rd party wireless adaptor connected to at least one of the two NIC cards inside the copier.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 08-31-2023 at 05:48 PM.

An e4525AC with GN4030-A3 addresses the needs of having a wireless LAN and wired LAN operating simultaneously on the same copier.

The GN4030-A3 is inexpensive.
    GN4030-A3.pdf

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    Does the machines have the 2nd LAN adapter installed?
    No, they told us just to buy the GN4030A3. I'm still reading the other comments below, but no matter what the tech did, eventually if wireless was enabled the ethernet was disabled. What I mean is that while he was here, I tested printing from the wired network, as well as wireless (via bonjour) and they both worked. But overnight it would go into sleep mode and upon powering up, only the wifi worked. I asked him "where do you tell the setup configuration that the wired network gateway is 192.168.1.1 but the wifi gateway is 192.168.50.1"?
    That's when it clicked, there was no way to do that (according to him).

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by barber782 View Post
    There are separate settings for the wireless cards under functions - admin - Wireless settings or Bluetooth settings (not under network settings). Depending on how it was configured it will disable wired connection by default.
    As a cheap option we use TP-Link TL-PA4022PKIT as an alternative to wireless cards. Always keep one in my car.

Thank you; someone mentioned a wireless usb print server, but those don't seem to fool proof. But if I put another wifi access point close to the Toshiba(s) it could work.