Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Oki CX3535T / Toshiba E studio 3540c CA00 Error Code

I have found troublesome CA00 codes are from the transfer belt sensors. If the problem doesn't go way after you diagnose which color band on the transfer belt is faulty, and fix that. Clean them sensors. It works wonders.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Oki CX3535T / Toshiba E studio 3540c CA00 Error Code

The Toshiba e3540c was discontinued in 2013. Okidata no longer supports print products in the Americas. You are far out in a lonely place trying to support an overly complicated copier that most techs are now trying to forget about.

Time to create an excuse and tell the customer they need to upgrade to a current copier. If they decline, you are better off to tell the customer to find someone else to service this copier.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The Toshiba e3540c was discontinued in 2013. Okidata no longer supports print products in the Americas. You are far out in a lonely place trying to support an overly complicated copier that most techs are now trying to forget about.

Time to create an excuse and tell the customer they need to upgrade to a current copier. If they decline, you are better off to tell the customer to find someone else to service this copier.
    I wish it were that easy but the customer has had it for 5 years and expects to get 10, and is willing to look up and buy all possible parts needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bdesire View Post
    I wish it were that easy but the customer has had it for 5 years and expects to get 10, and is willing to look up and buy all possible parts needed.
    ... the copier is both a boat anchor and a time suck. You need to immediately put this customer on a Time & Material service contract.

Toshiba Tec will likely discontinue all support for this model on April 01 2021.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Our office color copier is still one of these - they last and last and are built like a brick shitter . (I have one more in my bone yard for backup)

I'd take a field full of these over all the problematic 5055c's that replaced them with their exploding developer units or the 05ac /15ac's with their very inflated developer cost.
    I gave up on pricing out replacing developer and rebuilding the UI's one the newer color boxes..it's 'cheaper' to just buy the entire IU...even still that puts a full color PM at $3000 our cost !

I had so many of these out in the field that literally never had any service calls other than a doc feeder roller or a tray roller...I'll be sad to see it go fully. (only have 3 currently out in the field with active contracts)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    Our office color copier is still one of these - they last and last and are built like a brick shitter . (I have one more in my bone yard for backup)

I'd take a field full of these over all the problematic 5055c's that replaced them with their exploding developer units or the 05ac /15ac's with their very inflated developer cost.
    I gave up on pricing out replacing developer and rebuilding the UI's one the newer color boxes..it's 'cheaper' to just buy the entire IU...even still that puts a full color PM at $3000 our cost !

I had so many of these out in the field that literally never had any service calls other than a doc feeder roller or a tray roller...I'll be sad to see it go fully. (only have 3 currently out in the field with active contracts)
    ... a lot of service techs in my area had similar sentiments about how great the e3540c series was.

Compared to the current e5015AC series, these old copiers were heavy, overly complicated pigs to work on. We even cleaned out our copier graveyard of these models as we have none left in the field.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Wonder what made them pigs ?
    All mine ran clean while the new ones dumped toner all inside all the time.

They are heavy, i'll give you that.
    Also not sure on the overly complicated - I feel they are easier to work on than the new ones with the exception of the laser shutter assembly - It's a bit of work to get out of the machine.
    *shrugs*

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    Wonder what made them pigs ?
    All mine ran clean while the new ones dumped toner all inside all the time.

They are heavy, i'll give you that.
    Also not sure on the overly complicated - I feel they are easier to work on than the new ones with the exception of the laser shutter assembly - It's a bit of work to get out of the machine.
    *shrugs*
    That's the difference between true engineers and sales guys.
    Imho if parts and consumables are still available there is absolutely no need to throw out good working for both customer and service copier just to satisfy salespeople.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    That's the difference between true engineers and sales guys.
    Imho if parts and consumables are still available there is absolutely no need to throw out good working for both customer and service copier just to satisfy salespeople.
    Service people would not have jobs if salespeople did not have new and better stuff to sell.

Most of the time I've had that code on one of those, it's been from the transfer belt cleaner disengaging.