Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: E Studio 2309A Paper drawers

Yes I set up the drawers using the function settings key. I tried all the different sizes in tray #1. Right now I have LT-R in tray one and LT in the second tray. The only time the machine ever prints or copies from tray one is if I print out the functions list. It will print from tray one. The functions list doesn't say anything about the trays except the set paper size. It also says drawer set enabled. Another weird anomaly...when the machine is printing from tray two, tray one light goes on like it is empty. Soon as it stops printing letter size, the light goes out. Is it possible something went wrong with the installation of the second 250 sheet cassette? The way it seems to me is if I remove the extra cassette the machine the only way to copy or print is from the bypass.
    Scan2021-02-17_132252.pdfScan2021-02-17_132252.pdf

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    E Studio 2309A Paper drawers

The firmware is slightly old. Not likely enough to make a difference to resolve your issue.

The e2309A uses Tray 1 to print all faxes and List/reports. I am not sure why you have it set to LT-R other than as a work around to solve the copier issue. Make both drawers LT. Make a mark on a sheet of paper in Tray 1 to confirm if the paper is pulled from there.

When you copy LT paper off the glass what happens?

Hold down 9 + Start, Power On. Enter 102. All 08 Code settings will print. Post.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I will print out that list. If I have LT in tray one and no other tray set to letter, no paper on the bypass. I place letter size on the glass. Select tray one and press copy, nothing happens. It doesn't do anything. If I put it through the feeder it lights up the bypass tray and requests LT size paper. If I put letter in both tray #1 and tray#2, run it through the feeder it immediately pulls from tray two and lights up the paper empty light on tray #1. The only thing that has ever copied or printed from tray #1 was the function list.

Since the copier was disposed of by the original owner with only 700 clicks on it, this copier might of had problems from the start or was damaged by unstable power supply.

There is the possibility that the copier's firmware is corrupted and needs to be reloaded. The firmware should be updated to V165.

Is there a Toshiba original T2309U toner cartridge installed?

The e2309A is now discontinued but replaced by the very similar e2329A. The e2309A sold very well outside of North America and is a good copier as I have sold 10+ with no big issues.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes there is an OEM toner in the machine. I will go back today and print out the 08 code settings. If worst comes to worst I will try and find an extra feed drawers unit for it to get to two functioning drawers. Hopefully I will find out something today. I find it strange it will print the functions list from tray one but nothing else. I am not sure what tray faxes are printing from. I will find out. I am wondering if I remove the extra 250 sheet drawer if it will copy or print from tray #1. Certainly is perplexing.

Looking at your configuration sheets you Fax RX print set to tray1, this gives it tray exclusivity to fax and wont allow use to any other function. Turn it off.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you very much.I guess it is set in the functions mode somehow. Or is it under an 08 code? I knew there was an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Thank you very much.I guess it is set in the functions mode somehow. Or is it under an 08 code? I knew there was an answer.
    User Function hard key
    - General
    -- Fax
    --- RX Print
    ----Fax Drawer Setting
    ----- Off

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I looked it up in the fax function manual. Thanks again. I knew there had to be a reason. I am going out this morning to solve it. Funny how many very experienced techs had no idea what was the issue. I didn't even notice it on the functions list printout. Thanks for everybody's help along the way.