Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

E Studio 2309A Paper drawers

I installed a near new machine with less than 700 copies on it. I cannot get it to print or copy from tray one. The machine has two drawers and a bypass. The machine recognizes if there is paper in tray #1. I set the size to letter. As soon as you put a copy through the RADF it goes to the bypass tray and says load letter. Same if I try to print. Under preferences it doesn't even list the second draw. It has Auto, drawer 1 and bypass tray.If I select drawer 1 LT size it switches to the bypass and tells me to load letter size paper. When copying it selects drawer #2 if I make that letter size. No matter what size you put in tray one and select it it immediately goes over to the bypass tray. It is like the tray doesn't exist. The machine knows if there is paper in drawer #1 because the light goes out when selected with paper present and goes on when paper is not present. Anybody have a clue what is going on here?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: E Studio 2309A Paper drawers

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    I installed a near new machine with less than 700 copies on it. I cannot get it to print or copy from tray one. The machine has two drawers and a bypass. The machine recognizes if there is paper in tray #1. I set the size to letter. As soon as you put a copy through the RADF it goes to the bypass tray and says load letter. Same if I try to print. Under preferences it doesn't even list the second draw. It has Auto, drawer 1 and bypass tray.If I select drawer 1 LT size it switches to the bypass and tells me to load letter size paper. When copying it selects drawer #2 if I make that letter size. No matter what size you put in tray one and select it it immediately goes over to the bypass tray. It is like the tray doesn't exist. The machine knows if there is paper in drawer #1 because the light goes out when selected with paper present and goes on when paper is not present. Anybody have a clue what is going on here?
    what are you trying to print?

what are the file properties set for paper?

what are the print tray priorities ?

have you run option config in the print driver?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I am simply printing a test page from the printer properties from. It is letter size. The print driver would have nothing to do with the fact that the copier function will not copy from tray one. The paper size is set correctly, the paper type is set to plain. But it takes the letter size document into the feeder and then lights up the bypass tray icon and asks for letter paper. It knows there is paper in drawer one. Why when copying would it not feed from tray one?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If I put letter in both trays select tray one. Put a letter size document into the feeder, it pulls it in a switches to tray #2 lettersize. It will not copy from tray one no matter what size or type you put in there. Yet it knows the size and that paper is present.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I am simply printing a test page from the printer properties from. It is letter size. The print driver would have nothing to do with the fact that the copier function will not copy from tray one. The paper size is set correctly, the paper type is set to plain. But it takes the letter size document into the feeder and then lights up the bypass tray icon and asks for letter paper. It knows there is paper in drawer one. Why when copying would it not feed from tray one?
    Because the trays are defined to copy or print from certain trays.
    Upload the config pages

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Upload the config pages. ??? From the copier by IP address?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

From the LCD panel, to the right of 100%, is 1 - LT displayed? Meaning in Paper Tray 1 LT size paper must be installed.

If not, from the copier hard keys press User Functions. Scroll down to Drawers. Select the paper size installed in each drawer.

What size paper is indicated for Paper Tray 2?

As this is a budget copier, there are no sensors in the paper drawers to determine paper size. Only paper empty.

User Function/General/List - Function , will print out the configuration page to get some more clues as to what the problem is.

Did the customer acquire this copier as new or was it first installed somewhere else?

Forget about trying to print until you get the paper trays configured properly for copying.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 02-15-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This is a second install. Machine only had 700 actual copies on it. Has the extra 250 sheet tray to make two trays. I can select and put the paper size in either drawer. But the machine will never copy from the first drawer. Even though I tell it what size (LT) and try and copy a LT document it immediately acts like there is no LT paper in the machine and indicates load LT on bypass. If I make tray 2 LT also, it will immediately feed from tray 2 like tray 1 doesn't exist.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I will go back and print out the config page.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This is a second install. Machine only had 700 actual copies on it. Has the extra 250 sheet tray to make two trays. I can select and put the paper size in either drawer. But the machine will never copy from the first drawer. Even though I tell it what size (LT) and try and copy a LT document it immediately acts like there is no LT paper in the machine and indicates load LT on bypass. If I make tray 2 LT also, it will immediately feed from tray 2 like tray 1 doesn't exist.
    What does the LCD panel say? 100% (1) LT or something else?

Did you set up the paper trays using the User Function hard key?