Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Scan to email Office 365

Anyone know the correct configuration for setting up scan to email with office 365? Its an estudio machine and direct sent

Using:
    smtp.office365.com
    Port 587
    StartTLS
    Authentication: Login

And then a real O365 account for authenticating.

Still doesn't work though, am I missing something?

Dns is set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

These are the settings I use for other manufacturers devices but this machine won't do it!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scan to email Office 365

Re: Scan to email Office 365

Quote Originally Posted by Konicatech View Post
    Anyone know the correct configuration for setting up scan to email with office 365? Its an estudio machine and direct sent

Using:
    smtp.office365.com
    Port 587
    StartTLS
    Authentication: Login

And then a real O365 account for authenticating.

Still doesn't work though, am I missing something?

Dns is set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

These are the settings I use for other manufacturers devices but this machine won't do it!
    What model #?

As above.

Accept all certificates without CA.
    Pop before SMTP: Disable

Email Tab must be the same as Login Name

Perform at the Command prompt: ipconfig /all and input the actual DNS address

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email Office 365

Could be that the Admin has turned on Microsoft recommend security defaults this turns off SMTP. As someone who has business in both sides of this. I recommend setting up an SMTP2go.com to go account for your business and set up your copiers with that you might like to get a domain like fromyourcopier as a default from address. This is an extra service that you can charge for.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Scan to email Office 365

Quote Originally Posted by clint@clintsimonsen.com View Post
    Could be that the Admin has turned on Microsoft recommend security defaults this turns off SMTP. As someone who has business in both sides of this. I recommend setting up an SMTP2go.com to go account for your business and set up your copiers with that you might like to get a domain like from your copier as a default from address. This is an extra service that you can charge for.

...SMTP2go is not a free service. a Starter service cost$15.00 per month for 40k emails. Overages cost $1.00 per 1,000.

If you were to set up a dedicated SMTP2go copier email address to help you more quickly configure scan to email for your customers, would you as the account holder be able to see the contents of your customer's email stream?

I think in this case, the customer already has a paid MS365 Exchange account. Therefore, they would be reluctant to pay for another account.

It is possible that Two Factor Authentication is turned on and you need to create an App Password to get scan to email to work.

It is possible that there is an Anti Virus solution installed that is blocking all traffic on Port 587.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email Office 365

This this is a service you can charge for. You can offer it as a scan contract, include a set of doc feeder rollers. You will get the call when the copier scan to email stops working, if you don't have control of the smtp server you will end up bouncing the back to the it provider then back to you. But customer will be grumpy with you because it's your box.
    Sell the Value. With copy volumes dropping globally you need to look at other revenue streams.

Scan to email Office 365

This this is a service you can charge for. You can offer it as a scan contract, include a set of doc feeder rollers. You will get the call when the copier scan to email stops working, if you don't have control of the smtp server you will end up bouncing the back to the it provider then back to you. But customer will be grumpy with you because it's your box.
    Sell the Value. With copy volumes dropping globally you need to look at other revenue streams.

If you were to set up a dedicated SMTP2go copier email address to help you more quickly configure scan to email for your customers, would you as the account holder be able to see the contents of your customer's email stream?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan to email Office 365

We set up Sub accounts, if we go in to them we can see to-from and subject. so copier@email address customer@email address and Scan from Customer Copier.
    other details like header info and email size is available, but not email it's self. its great for working out why emails are not arriving.

smtp2go is free for up to 1K emails a month so you can set up account for customer and have them pay the bill if they go over. We run an MSP along with the MPS it makes it easier for us to have the pooled billing. We also bill our customers for a scan contract, this may not work for all business but it works for ours.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Scan to email Office 365

We set up Sub accounts, if we go in to them we can see to-from and subject. so copier@email address customer@email address and Scan from Customer Copier.
    other details like header info and email size is available, but not email it's self. its great for working out why emails are not arriving.

smtp2go is free for up to 1K emails a month so you can set up account for customer and have them pay the bill if they go over. We run an MSP along with the MPS it makes it easier for us to have the pooled billing. We also bill our customers for a scan contract, this may not work for all business but it works for ours.
    Hiya,
    How are you configuring the sub accounts on smtp2go? I am looking into it and its seems you need to add CNAME records to the customers domain, which is not viable for a third party office equipment supplier. Are you just adding a new smtp user per customer?