Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e2555c Developer Swap

e2555c Developer Swap

I have a e2555c with 109k on it and the Yellow developer is beginning to fail.

I have a dead e3555c in my copier graveyard with less than 50k colour clicks.

When I swap out the old developer unit with the Developer unit from the e3555c and print a calibration chart, yellow totally fails to appear.

The K and the CM prints out OK.

What am I failing to do or do I need to buy new Yellow Developer material at $250.00 ?

The original service code was CE40. When I first arrived onsite the waste toner box was heavy and all four developers had a coating of toner. I checked the Transfer belt cleaner unit and it seemed OK. I did not have waste toner box with me so I dumped the contents, cleaned and replaced. I cleaned all four drum and developer units. I pulled all four drum cleaning rods and inserted the developer cleaning rod into all four developers.

Thanks,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: e2555c Developer Swap

If memory serves me the 3555 and 4555 were the high speed units. you can not run a high speed developer unit in the 2555 without changing the front cover,( the one that couples the dev and epu together) top cover and bottom cover onto the low speed developer unit. Then it should work fine. As you know the low speed developer units were notorious for leaking and locking up where as the high speed one did not have that issue.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    e2555c Developer Swap

Quote Originally Posted by gliderider View Post
    If memory serves me the 3555 and 4555 were the high speed units. you can not run a high speed developer unit in the 2555 without changing the front cover,( the one that couples the dev and epu together) top cover and bottom cover onto the low speed developer unit. Then it should work fine. As you know the low speed developer units were notorious for leaking and locking up where as the high speed one did not have that issue.

Yep, and the higher speed versions, the intermediate gear between the mag rollers & stirring rollers is different. But, in a worse case of
    leaving the customer down, or getting them up and running, I've swapped out the front color plate on the low/high speed machines and
    swapped it with the high/low speed machines.

e2555c Developer Swap

The e2555c/e3055c/e3555c are all the same. It is the e4555c/e5055c that are considered the high speed models and are different.

I have salvaged both a e2555c and e3555c Yellow Dev unit from my copier graveyard.

Removing the upper cover of both and examining the remaining dev material inside, both appear washed out.

I will give it one last attempt but I am probably going to have to order new developer next week.

It was worth a shot to save $250.00 .

e2555c Developer Swap

Where Toshiba device maintenance meets the cloud!

Kōdo Raven

Kōdo Raven - YouTube

Find out more at toshiba-business.com.au/kodoraven

e2555c Developer Swap

New firmware V1512 has the great new ability via TeamViewer (or similar) or free Windows 10 Quick Assist, when VNC is enabled on a eBridge Next copier, to remotely reach the Field Service and Service Notification menus of the copier.

This can save a lot of time and money plus increase customer satisfaction.

I hated driving an hour to change a service code.

I know eCloud Connect can do similar but not on the same day.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    e2555c Developer Swap

If memory serves, the 'difference' between the high and low models was the quality of the parts.
    High used bearings instead of bushings and one of the drive gears for the unit was a different type of plastic, I do not think they had different gear ratios as the remainder of the gears were the same.
    When rebuilding the units we converted them all to high parts.