Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Bicyclerepairman's Avatar

7506AC Fax option

If a fax option is removed from the machine, do you need to disable it in settings so it stops displaying a message about line connection? Thx.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    7506AC Fax option

Re: 7506AC Fax option

Quote Originally Posted by Bicyclerepairman View Post
    If a fax option is removed from the machine, do you need to disable it in settings so it stops displaying a message about line connection? Thx.
    Should not have to do anything but it sounds like the copier still thinks that the GD1370NA fax board is present.

Go into Service Mode, scroll to 13 Fax and reinitialize the copier.

7506AC Fax option

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Should not have to do anything but it sounds like the copier still thinks that the GD1370NA fax board is present.

Go into Service Mode, scroll to 13 Fax and reinitialize the copier.
    Unless, specifically detailed on any lease document, we always remove the GD1370NA fax board from any copiers that we arrange to return to the leasing company at the end of term.

The GD1370NA can be used in any eBN/ eBN2 copier.

This can save a little under $500.00 cost to help close a new deal or make extra profit.

Approx 2/3rds of new copiers are sold with a GD1370NA.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    7506AC Fax option

I wish fax would die a slow painful death

In 1991, my boss gave me the option. Hey, would you rather work on faxes, or Risographs?
    Thinking that fax machines then, used thermal paper, and, Riso's used INK I went with fax.
    Boy...if I had to do it all over again. I never thought in a million years, I would have to learn
    so much about the PHONE SYSTEMS...and now, VoIp just to make this 1850's technology work!
    Heck, we sell more fax modules now, than we ever did with stand alone fax machines.
    I had 3 DP-120's back in the day at a hospital central scheduling department. One of the 3,
    would receive 600 per day, the other 2, 200+ per day. I would rotate them like car tires when
    I would have to work on them. When they were finally retired, EACH one had over a million
    receptions. One, close to 2 million!
    Alexander Bain...I curse you every time I get a call on them these days LOL.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Bicyclerepairman's Avatar

Do Toshiba offer digital fax units rather than having to adjust a bunch of settings to try and get their analog units VoIP compatible or DSL filters? Or maybe fax to email enabled?

7506AC Fax option

Do Toshiba offer digital fax units rather than having to adjust a bunch of settings to try and get their analog units VoIP compatible or DSL filters? Or maybe fax to email enabled?
    You can set up "internet fax" but that's all I think they do. When the EB-N series came out, there was "talk" they were
    going to have a CERTIFIED VoIp solution, but it never came through...unless "internet fax" is what it is, but, was never
    really promoted.

7506AC Fax option

Fax to email (what Toshiba calls Fax Receive Forward) is only possible with the GD1370NA installed.

Optional XM Fax software (available from Toshiba) allows you to send/receive faxes via a secure Cloud server. Every fax page sent/rec'd cost one credit. XM Fax Starter kit with Admin Setup fee and 6k credits costs approx $1,300.00 USD. XM Fax avoids all VOIP/ DSL technical considerations.

7506AC Fax option

Oh yeah...I remember that! When I heard about it and the PRICE, I said screw that!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Fax to email (what Toshiba calls Fax Receive Forward) is only possible with the GD1370NA installed.

Optional XM Fax software (available from Toshiba) allows you to send/receive faxes via a secure Cloud server. Every fax page sent/rec'd cost one credit. XM Fax Starter kit with Admin Setup fee and 6k credits costs approx $1,300.00 USD. XM Fax avoids all VOIP/ DSL technical considerations.

7506AC Fax option

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Oh yeah...I remember that! When I heard about it and the PRICE, I said screw that!
    The XM Fax price is less the fax board you would have had to have bought otherwise. XM Fax also saves the monthly recurring cost of a dedicated fax line often at $35.00+ per month.

XM Fax can often be lower cost than a fax board/ fax line combo over 60 months especially when multiple copiers with multiple fax lines are involved.

XM Fax embeds into the LCD panel of the copier and is very smooth in operation.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 03-23-2021 at 12:59 AM.