Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Deleting image when printing jpegs

Hello

I started to see this issue at the shop a few weeks ago and now I have customers calling with it. When printing jpegs the middle of the image is cut out. It seems to print an inch or so and then nothing for a few inches and then the image comes back. In testing I have verified that 90% of the prints are missing image. On each print the same amount is cut off but on different jpegs the amount is different. For example on jpeg 1 the image comes out print for 1 inch bland for 5 inches and then the last 2 1/2 inches is printed on, on jpeg 2 4 inches has print 3 inches is blank and the last1 1/2 inches has image. I rotated the paper from letter speed to letter r and there was no change in the direction of missing image.( I mean to say it is not going lead edge to trailing edge)

A few things I have found
    Each image cuts off the same amount
    Toshiba es55 series machines
    If I convert to a pdf it prints the full image
    Firmware is at 2196 on my machine not positive firmware level on my customers machines at this point. I have just spoken to them over the phone
    I printed on two different machines at my office and the same amount has been cut off on the image.
    The two computers I am printing from in office is using windows and one of the customers is running windows 10. I have not found out about the rest of the customer operating systems.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Deleting image when printing jpegs

Quote Originally Posted by Valintine View Post
    Hello

I started to see this issue at the shop a few weeks ago and now I have customers calling with it. When printing jpegs the middle of the image is cut out. It seems to print an inch or so and then nothing for a few inches and then the image comes back. In testing I have verified that 90% of the prints are missing image. On each print the same amount is cut off but on different jpegs the amount is different. For example on jpeg 1 the image comes out print for 1 inch bland for 5 inches and then the last 2 1/2 inches is printed on, on jpeg 2 4 inches has print 3 inches is blank and the last1 1/2 inches has image. I rotated the paper from letter speed to letter r and there was no change in the direction of missing image.( I mean to say it is not going lead edge to trailing edge)

A few things I have found
    Each image cuts off the same amount
    Toshiba es55 series machines
    If I convert to a pdf it prints the full image
    Firmware is at 2196 on my machine not positive firmware level on my customers machines at this point. I have just spoken to them over the phone
    I printed on two different machines at my office and the same amount has been cut off on the image.
    The two computers I am printing from in office is using windows and one of the customers is running windows 10. I have not found out about the rest of the customer operating systems.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    This is known Windows update issue. Use another picture viewer or Google a bit.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Probably not the same issue, but I had a 5540 a few years ago, that was leaving blank stripes in the page.
    Come to find out it was an issue with Microsoft picture viewer. They printed from a different program, and the
    problem stopped.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Windows Picture Viewer has never exactly had a stellar reputation.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had this exact issue yesterday. Switch from Windows Picture Viewer app to Windows Photo app and it works great. I hate that Windows leaves legacy apps, like Picture Viewer, when updating. Just makes things confusing for end user. If there's a new app, eliminate the old one!
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?