Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: e2000AC MR3031

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e2000AC MR3031

e2000AC MR3031

I have a e2000AC with a MR3031 RADF cutting the the top of scanned images off.

I have realigned the Doc Feeder with the two mounting pins.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: e2000AC MR3031

First I would check to see if you are having the same issue off the glass. If not, double check your paper tray guides then in 05 mode 3043 decrease the indicated value for more gap.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e2000AC MR3031

Quote Originally Posted by gliderider View Post
    First I would check to see if you are having the same issue off the glass. If not, double check your paper tray guides then in 05 mode 3043 decrease the indicated value for more gap.
    I was into the customer today, a freight moving company. They scan a lot of paper documents which are often "dog-eared" and not all of the pieces of paper to process one transaction are the same height.

The customer has an automatic high volume process to be able to scan barcodes from their packing slips and clearly half+ of the barcode heights were missing.

I will take your advice next time I am in there.

As a side note, the original call was for what turned out to be a noisy fan in the front of the copier by the grey transfer belt release lever packed with dust and toner dust.

Although the copier is separated from the warehouse loading area by a door, I think there is likely still a lot of airborne dust floating around in the office.

I ordered a new fan $70.00 plus a weeks wait for the delivery. In hindsight, after examining the old fan, I could have probably blown it out, reused it, and saved myself a return trip.

I have refurbished the old fan for the next time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes. You can peel back the label on the fan which exposes the bushing and lube that.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    e2000AC MR3031

The original fans are lesser quality, the new fan may not fit without the fan connector update per the service bulletin.

Lubricating the old fan will make it work for a few weeks, perhaps more if your lucky but it will return.