Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e409S

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e409S

e409S

I rec'd one of these new in a box. No problems, they are a relabelled Lexmark MX431adn. This is Toshiba's first offering that appeals to the sub $1,000.00 market.

Unlike the Lexmark, they do not come preloaded with any Cloud apps nor can you add any.

They work with the Lexmark Universal XL print driver and do support Confidential Print. Should not be too big of a deal as these boxes are really personal and not workgroup MFPs. Therefore, you can use the Toshiba Universal 2 print driver if you prefer.

Toshiba only offers a 20k consumable toner at 5%. This 20k toner can cost almost as much as the e409P printer.

The product has lots of high end Security features that should appeal to Corporate types working from home.

You can print on #10 Envelopes and sheet labels via the bypass.

The only way to get a meter read is for the user to press four buttons, print two sheets of paper and report by phone or email.

I do not think this MFP is set up for an all inclusive cpc contract. It is buy your consumables as you go.

I think this MFP is for users who print less than 1,000 pages per month and preferably less than 500 pages per month. It does feature a Dual Head 96 ipm color scanner which will appeal to a lot of people.

The 100k fuser looks easy to replace.

I was up against a desktop Brother $229.00 toner based MFP today and when you calculated the cpc using their high yield toners it was $0.0772!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    e409S

Re: e409S

LOL, our sales mgr told us this was a "new" TABS/TEC machine. I said boy it sure looks like a lexmark to me.

And, from the looks of both, it sure is.

e409S

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I rec'd one of these new in a box. No problems, they are a relabelled Lexmark MX431adn. This is Toshiba's first offering that appeals to the sub $1,000.00 market.

Unlike the Lexmark, they do not come preloaded with any Cloud apps nor can you add any.

They work with the Lexmark Universal XL print driver and do support Confidential Print. Should not be too big of a deal as these boxes are really personal and not workgroup MFPs. Therefore, you can use the Toshiba Universal 2 print driver if you prefer.

Toshiba only offers a 20k consumable toner at 5%. This 20k toner can cost almost as much as the e409P printer.

The product has lots of high end Security features that should appeal to Corporate types working from home.

You can print on #10 Envelopes and sheet labels via the bypass.

The only way to get a meter read is for the user to press four buttons, print two sheets of paper and report by phone or email.

I do not think this MFP is set up for an all inclusive cpc contract. It is buy your consumables as you go.

I think this MFP is for users who print less than 1,000 pages per month and preferably less than 500 pages per month. It does feature a Dual Head 96 ipm color scanner which will appeal to a lot of people.

The 100k fuser looks easy to replace.

I was up against a desktop Brother $229.00 toner based MFP today and when you calculated the cpc using their high yield toners it was $0.0772!
    Even though this new box was fresh from China, the firmware version was one version old. I noticed re Scan to Email, a transmission report would print after every sent document. Customers often do not want this to happen. I know how in the Settings/Email/Admin Controls to turn this off but the controls were non responsive. Hopefully, the new firmware will fix that.

e409S

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    LOL, our sales mgr told us this was a "new" TABS/TEC machine. I said boy it sure looks like a lexmark to me.

And, from the looks of both, it sure is.
    It is a Lexmark MX431adn. Toner is keyed unique to Toshiba.

e409S

I did eventually figure out how to scan from a e409S via USB cable to a Windows 10 computer.

You can download the “e409 product specific full installer”. It will provide both a Toshiba USB Scan driver 2.1.0.0 and a Printer Network TWAIN Scan driver 1.19.116.0 .

I could not find where this loaded any app to use the above except perhaps in the built in Windows 10 Fax & Scan Utility.

There is a utility for the e2822AF/e2329A called the eStudio Scan Editor but I do not think it is made for the e409S.

If you use the built in Windows Fax & Scan utility found under Windows Accessories, you cannot scan as a PDF file. Also, scans will only arrive as a multi-page file. Scanning a multi-page document as one file is not available.

I think the preferred method is to install a free app from Microsoft.

How To Save Scanned Documents And Pictures As PDF In Windows 10

This will allow you to scan to a specific folder as a PDF file. There are several intermediate steps to be performed as per the above link. Once the file has arrived you can right click it and send it as a “Mail Recipient”.

This process is not as fast as we are use to from an eBN2 copier but at least it works. If the end user upgrades to a wired or purchases the GN-1170 wireless module, the process becomes fast again.

I tried the same from a Windows 7 computer and your only choice is to scan to USB.

When the e409S is connected as a USB printer there seems to be no access to the Embedded Web Server, not from the Others tab in the Universal 2 printer driver (greyed out) nor the HBP print driver. Any settings needs to be programmed from the copier’s LCD panel.

On the issue of trying to connect the e409S as a wireless printer, which I think could be a common occurrence, everything went well. Once you insert the Wireless module, under Network/Ports, some extra sub-menus appear. There is a LCD panel setting called “Set-Up on printer panel” that you can use. The LCD panel is very small so to use a stylus would be helpful.

I got everything connected, I could see the Embedded web browser but I could not print to the e409S because it was displayed as offline.

Eventually, I found the attached video which resolved the issue.

How to Get Your Printer Online - YouTube

e409S

If you go to the support page on www.toshibatec.ca, there are two print drivers available.

1. Toshiba Universal 2 Generic print driver. This does not support Private Print.
    2. Toshiba eStudio Generic Printer HBP (Host Based Printer). This does support Confidential Print/Private Print and also supports Postscript printing.
    3. This printer supports AirPrint therefore it must support printing from a Mac iOS computer. You can go to www.lexmark.com Support/ drivers/ MX431 and download the “MAC Universal print driver for Lexmark Mono printers”
    4. It is currently a four keystroke, three printed page process to get a printed page from the e409S/P to get a meter read that some customers will find tedious. To simplify the process, create a Bookmark in the customer’s preferred web-browser or computer desktop to “Settings/Reports/ Device Statistics”. The counter information can be viewed or printed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    e409S

Fortunately for us the sales staff actually listened and are not selling this product.
    We are also a Lexmark dealer and for the most part we now wished we were not!

Selling the new fully Toshiba 330/400's instead.

e409S

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    Fortunately for us the sales staff actually listened and are not selling this product.
    We are also a Lexmark dealer and for the most part we now wished we were not!

Selling the new fully Toshiba 330/400's instead.
    The e330/e400AC are awesome A4 powerpacks! Your dealer needs to order early and often as these models fly in and out of inventory on the same day! If you wait to sell one and then order it, it might be a six to eight week delay in delivery partially due to the global logistic challenges on North America's west coast and the global shortage of shipping containers.

I think you are totally wrong about the Lexmark product and the equivalent Toshmarks. They help Toshiba get to all kinds of places where we could not place product before. The e409S gets Toshiba to another new place. The e409P is a Toshiba labelled printer at long last!

e409S

I spent hours trying to get a e409S to scan to a network folder. I configured the e409S Embedded Web Browser / Shortcuts/ Scan to Network Folder identically to how I configured my e2505AC that can scan to the target folder successfully. I could not get it to work.

Then I saw this YouTube video from Lexmark.

Lexmark—Scanning to computer using Lexmark Scanback Utility

I found the Utility, installed it on my PC and configured the e409S and it works!

In MS365, OneDrive for Business (and most other Cloud applications) there is a feature called "Sync" which installs an upload folder on your computer, automatically watches that folder for any new files and automatically uploads the file within two minutes!

Note in Step 2/5 of the ScanBack Utility you have to be specific on how you create and name a Scan Profile for a particular task. For example, Dual Head scan is not on by default.

The ScanBack Utility will create a shortcut on your PC's desktop. You can promptly double click the Shortcut and rename the file before the file uploads to OneDrive for Business a few minutes later.

As the video states, this is a Microsoft Windows only solution.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    e409S

You need to navigate to apps in EWS and from here go with Scan Centre Network Folders to setup scan to folders.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated