Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toshiba ES-5005ac jamming

Re: Toshiba ES-5005ac jamming

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Yes, a seized up transfer belt will definitely give you E011 jams. Usually the original cause is the waste bottle filling to the top at the left side, then backing up into the transfer waste cleaner. Then the auger spring pushes out the top of the cleaner.

Usually though, its catastrophic for the belt and cleaning auger spring. =^..^=

First couple times I saw that on the 25xx series, it always amazed me how that spring could get all whack-a-doodle inside there,
    and not rip of the transfer belt.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I see this problem a lot unfortunately and almost always results in an E011 jam where paper will stop right at the transfer belt because it is not rotating due to seized transfer belt cleaner assembly. I am usually able to extract the cleaner assembly and use the auger spring as a drill to remove the hardened toner from the exit port on the cleaner assembly.

99% of the time it was because the customer attempted to empty the waste toner bottle (will be obvious as bottle is covered in waste toner and all the spring loaded ports will be backed up), the other 1% of the time was a faulty waste toner box where the mixing auger was not rotating properly.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djbass View Post
    I see this problem a lot unfortunately and almost always results in an E011 jam where paper will stop right at the transfer belt because it is not rotating due to seized transfer belt cleaner assembly. I am usually able to extract the cleaner assembly and use the auger spring as a drill to remove the hardened toner from the exit port on the cleaner assembly.

99% of the time it was because the customer attempted to empty the waste toner bottle (will be obvious as bottle is covered in waste toner and all the spring loaded ports will be backed up), the other 1% of the time was a faulty waste toner box where the mixing auger was not rotating properly.
    It's a bit late but thank you for your input.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    They empty it AND break the 2 clips off at the top. They put in back in the machine, but the front door is the only thing holding it in. The IT belt auger is at the top of the waste box, so with the clip broke, the port does not open. The auger and spring back up.....job security.
    I always remind my customer WTC are included in their contract.

I can never understand why those clips get broken. I've never ever broken a clip, not even close. They have a neon green sticker on the release, essentially: "Press HERE!!"

We see it all the time though. There are the instructions on the side of the package ... even pictures for those too inept or too lazy to read the words ... and still, the toner cartridge gets installed upside-down, or backwards, or with the seal still on, or the waste bottle with the shipping caps on ... It's mind boggling. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I can never understand why those clips get broken. I've never ever broken a clip, not even close. They have a neon green sticker on the release, essentially: "Press HERE!!"

We see it all the time though. There are the instructions on the side of the package ... even pictures for those too inept or too lazy to read the words ... and still, the toner cartridge gets installed upside-down, or backwards, or with the seal still on, or the waste bottle with the shipping caps on ... It's mind boggling. =^..^=
    The more Idiot Proof they make things, nature responds with evolving a bigger idiot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes you have to WHACK them in the head, to get them to drink.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Fixed. This belt unit can be a bitch. What awful design.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.