Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e-studio 2508a

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

e-studio 2508a

lucky me i sold a 2508 last week and today i was called to fix it the machine wont start no screen energy save is blinking and i have some green lights on the system board and colling fan is on but then i hear what sounds like a relay click and it goes dead and tries to start again fuses on power supply check good
    ive had hard drives on diff models go bad but then i at least had a screen or an f code
    what do you all think
    thanks
    bruce

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: e-studio 2508a

Had the same issue and same symptoms on that model last year. I tried numerous things without success. Called Toshiba tech support and they had us replacing the sys board. Appeared to work but within a month the problem was back. This time I checked the line voltage at the wall and it was within spec. Even installed a line filter. Failed again. Went through the usual suspects. Reseat memory, change and HDD and reinstall latest firmware at that time. Copier would start working, then within a few days the same problem would reoccur. Finally brought copier into office and did a deep dive on it. Could not get it to fail. Brought back to customer and within a week the same symptoms were back. Started to believe that the problem had to be the location, but could not prove why. Toshiba could not seem to offer a solution either. Maybe by now Toshiba tech support might be able to shed more light on the problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

did you replace the machine for the customer and if so is that one working

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Check for DC voltage coming out of the the power supply.
    Had one earlier this year with the same described symptoms.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    e-studio 2508a

Try replacing the memory on the system board. On various other TABS machines, I've seen some whack-a-doodle problems
    solved by replacing the memory card.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We tried replacing the memory early in the troubleshooting process but to no avail. Also replaced the power supply which also made no difference. I do not know if the front office ever tried getting the copier replaced.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e-studio 2508a

Was the copier new when it was installed? The e2508A is a discontinued model.

If not new/ did the copier come from your inventory or was it purchased from a used equipment reseller?

I would install a Tripp Lite LC1800 line conditioner. If the Tripp Lite makes a lot of clicking noises the building has dirty power and they need to buy the Tripp Lite. Solves all kinds of weird power problems.

I have been using Tripp Lite line conditioners for over 15 years to good effect.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    e-studio 2508a

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Was the copier new when it was installed? The e2508A is a discontinued model.

If not new/ did the copier come from your inventory or was it purchased from a used equipment reseller?

I would install a Tripp Lite LC1800 line conditioner. If the Tripp Lite makes a lot of clicking noises the building has dirty power and they need to buy the Tripp Lite. Solves all kinds of power problems.
    tripp lite is cheap crap...

look into ESP they have a good warranty depending on the model.

ESP Multi-Stage Surge Protection and Power Conditioners

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks for all the input im replacing the machine and when i get the bad one in the shop and fix it ill post what i did

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e-studio 2508a

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    thanks for all the input im replacing the machine and when i get the bad one in the shop and fix it ill post what i did
    If the replacement copier starts acting wonky, you know the problem is unstable power from the power supply.

Toshiba's like and need a clean, stable. electrical supply.

We have had power lines hanging from poles swinging in the wind with a bad connection at the pole to the customer's building causing new copiers to go wonky.

I have a copier customer their main job is repairing power lines in Florida due to all of the high wind effects that occur in the state.