Senior Tech 100+ Posts

e-studio 2550c churps like a bird

normally i wouldnt ask this but i was an air force crew chief on 1 and 2 engine jets and lost a lot of hearing evryone in the office can hear the churp but me
    i lubed all the exit rollers and shaft bushings i replaced the whole fuser i lubed everything that moves
    they say the noise is coming from the exit area
    what i can tell you is if i open the duplex door and close it the machine runs for 2 seconds not moving any exit parts and the noise is present so im thinking maybe the transfer belt what say you my friends
    signed
    bruce the deaf copier tech ha ha

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: e-studio 2550c churps like a bird

I know where you're coming from. In high school I worked in a stamping plant, stamping out metal parts. I lost most of my upper range hearing by 1981.

Like you, I rely on others to tell me if I found the squeak.

On eS2550C, the most common source of squeaks is:
    Exit section idler roller shafts and exit shaft bushings. I use Triflow here.
    White duplex idlers (roller with shaft molded to it, use grease like Mobilgrease28).
    Secondary transfer roller contacts (at the ends of the roller check for rust, use conductive grease).
    Developer bearings.
    Bridge unit bushings (Triflow).
    Its rare, but I've heard a theremin-like sound from the primary transfer belt assembly. Cleaning the facing rollers with an orange-oil based solvent usually quiets it down.

I'll take a look into the database later. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 05-08-2021 at 02:05 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I know where you're coming from. In high school I worked in a stamping plant, stamping out metal parts. I lost most of my upper range hearing by 1981.

Like you, I rely on others to tell me if I found the squeak.

On eS2550C, the most common source of squeaks is:
    Exit section idler roller shafts and exit shaft bushings. I use Triflow here.
    White duplex idlers (roller with shaft molded to it, use grease like Mobilgrease28).
    Secondary transfer roller contacts (at the ends of the roller check for rust, use conductive grease).
    Developer bearings.
    Bridge unit bushings (Triflow).
    Its rare, but I've heard a theramin-like sound from the primary transfer belt assembly. Cleaning the facing rollers with an orange-oil based solvent usually quiets it down.

I'll take a look into the database later. =^..^=

... mos likely two metal bushings that need to be replaced on the Paper Exit section.

TSB-1685

Description of Symptom

In some case black dirt may be accumulated between the busing and shaft in the Paper Exit Section and cause the shaft and bushings to wear. As a result, an abnormal noise and/or E020 error (stop jam at the Exit Sensor) could occur.

Cause of Symptom

Currently, a Fe-Cu alloy bushing which contains iron is used. Since a Fe-Cu alloy bushing is harder than a copper one, it may cause wear of the shaft over time depending on how the equipment is used. If this should occur, dust could mix with the oil included in the bushing, and become “black dirt”. As a result, the rotation load of the Exit Roller could increase and cause an E020 error (stop jam at the Exit Sensor) or an abnormal noise in the Paper Exit Section to occur.
    Description of Countermeasure

To prevent the phenomenon described above from occurring, the bushing has been changed from a Fe-Cu alloy one to a copper one.

Application to Production

The bushings described above have been changed on machines produced beginning with the following serial numbers:

e-STUDIO2050C/2051C Series - C7GE15752
    e-STUDIO5055C Series - C7GE68150

Procedure to Apply the Countermeasure

If the phenomenon described above should occur on machines having a serial number produced prior to the ones listed above, replace the Exit Roller and the pre-change bushings with the post-change ones.

Note- Replacing the bushings without replacing the Exit Roller could cause damage to the new bushings.

Changed/Added Part No.
    MODEL
    P-I
    Before Change
    P-I
    After Change
    Remarks
    2051C 2551C 2050C 2550C
    40-7
    6LJ55543000 BUSH-6-BCF-050
    40-7
    4407734980 BUSH-6-GCB
    Qty.: 2 pcs.
    2555C 3055C 3555C 4555C 5055C
    40-6
    (Qty.: 4 pcs.)
    40-6
    40-40
    4407734980 BUSH-6-GCB
    END

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... mos likely two metal bushings that need to be replaced on the Paper Exit section.

TSB-1685

Description of Symptom

In some case black dirt may be accumulated between the busing and shaft in the Paper Exit Section and cause the shaft and bushings to wear. As a result, an abnormal noise and/or E020 error (stop jam at the Exit Sensor) could occur.

Cause of Symptom

Currently, a Fe-Cu alloy bushing which contains iron is used. Since a Fe-Cu alloy bushing is harder than a copper one, it may cause wear of the shaft over time depending on how the equipment is used. If this should occur, dust could mix with the oil included in the bushing, and become “black dirt”. As a result, the rotation load of the Exit Roller could increase and cause an E020 error (stop jam at the Exit Sensor) or an abnormal noise in the Paper Exit Section to occur.
    Description of Countermeasure

To prevent the phenomenon described above from occurring, the bushing has been changed from a Fe-Cu alloy one to a copper one.

Application to Production

The bushings described above have been changed on machines produced beginning with the following serial numbers:

e-STUDIO2050C/2051C Series - C7GE15752
    e-STUDIO5055C Series - C7GE68150

Procedure to Apply the Countermeasure

If the phenomenon described above should occur on machines having a serial number produced prior to the ones listed above, replace the Exit Roller and the pre-change bushings with the post-change ones.

Note- Replacing the bushings without replacing the Exit Roller could cause damage to the new bushings.

Changed/Added Part No.
    MODEL
    P-I
    Before Change
    P-I
    After Change
    Remarks
    2051C 2551C 2050C 2550C
    40-7
    40-7
    4407734980 BUSH-6-GCB
    2555C 3055C 3555C 4555C 5055C
    40-6
    (Qty.: 4 pcs.)
    40-6
    40-40
    4407734980 BUSH-6-GCB
    END

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

turned out to be the TBU all is well thank you for your help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Here's where I've seen a lot of noises that I can't find anywhere else

Capture.JPG

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

On a few occasions Iv had speaking caused by the white rollers on the exit and the fuser assembly with the bronze leaf springs. just add a bit of thermal grease on the spring and the noise went away.
    also the bushings on the exit assembly frequently get crap in them which needs cleaning and lubricating.