Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Using D-FC65 developer in e5506AC machine

Re: Using D-FC65 developer in e5506AC machine

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I'd say that your odds are good. I'd go for it. I don't think that it has an EEPROM that might detect a mismatch.

And this developer could be lifetime developer. There is no prescribed yield, and it's spiked from developer in the toner. =^..^=
    The claim of "lifetime developer" has been such a frustration. I found the e5540c series particularly bad at losing dev. That's why I have some dev for that series still in stock. I'm shocked how many times the developer doesn't even make it to the first PM cycle. I think these machines are meant to be run at high monthly volumes of color. Unfortunately, many of the ones in my territory were sold for speed, not volume, so the color count stays fairly low.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Yep, do it all the time. That way I don't have a bunch of old stock on the shelf.
    I've also used 4555 developer in the 4015 series machines and vice versa.
    Just as long as you calibrate the developer. The only variation is I check the quantity in the bottle
    If the "normal" developer is less than what I'm going to use, I'll remove about a capfull or two.
    Thanks for this! I've confirmed the dev material is 410 g in both series. So there shouldn't be an issue. I've order a bottle of D-FC556-Y so I'll have it in case I need it. Worst case scenario is I try the D-FC65-Y and it doesn't work, so I vacuum it out and put in the D-FC556-Y.

I'll let everyone know how I make out.

Thanks again for all the posts! It's great to hear from everyone on these life hack type ideas.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Thanks for this! I've confirmed the dev material is 410 g in both series. So there shouldn't be an issue. I've order a bottle of D-FC556-Y so I'll have it in case I need it. Worst case scenario is I try the D-FC65-Y and it doesn't work, so I vacuum it out and put in the D-FC556-Y.

I'll let everyone know how I make out.

Thanks again for all the posts! It's great to hear from everyone on these life hack type ideas.

Heck, I've swapped parts all the way back to the BD-7812's, 5520's etc.
    Drum blades, developer, drums, fuser rollers etc.
    I know once we had a TABS rep come up from Dallas, and we went on a CQ problem on a 4511. Drum was
    covered in that "wax" from the old toner. He said you got a new drum with you? I said no reason to change it.
    I pulled the drum, got some cotton pads and some brasso and polished the drum. He said you can't do that!
    I said why not? Won't hurt, if that drum is bad, it will have to be replaced anyway.
    Cleaned it off, hit it with some starting powder, installed it, pulled the charge corona out (you could do that
    on analog machines), ran about 20 blanks, put the charge corona back in, ran about a dozen and it looked almost
    brand new.
    Hey, when you have to sometimes work on machines out in the middle of rural America, you learn all sorts of
    things to do, to keep em running.
    I know the hotline about had a heart attack when the 2830's were new. Had one in a metal works shop and
    the airflow through the laser kept getting the mirrors dirty. I called the hotline and told them of my fix by taking
    the laser apart, cleaning the mirrors with a makeup brush, then, sealing around the cover with sticky tape including
    the heat sink and it fixed it.
    The response? You can't take that laser apart! It's a sealed unit. Ummm then why does the cover have SCREWS?
    He said it's a non repairable item. I said it was put together wasn't it?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Heck, I've swapped parts all the way back to the BD-7812's, 5520's etc.
    Drum blades, developer, drums, fuser rollers etc.
    I know once we had a TABS rep come up from Dallas, and we went on a CQ problem on a 4511. Drum was
    covered in that "wax" from the old toner. He said you got a new drum with you? I said no reason to change it.
    I pulled the drum, got some cotton pads and some brasso and polished the drum. He said you can't do that!
    I said why not? Won't hurt, if that drum is bad, it will have to be replaced anyway.
    Cleaned it off, hit it with some starting powder, installed it, pulled the charge corona out (you could do that
    on analog machines), ran about 20 blanks, put the charge corona back in, ran about a dozen and it looked almost
    brand new.
    Hey, when you have to sometimes work on machines out in the middle of rural America, you learn all sorts of
    things to do, to keep em running.
    I know the hotline about had a heart attack when the 2830's were new. Had one in a metal works shop and
    the airflow through the laser kept getting the mirrors dirty. I called the hotline and told them of my fix by taking
    the laser apart, cleaning the mirrors with a makeup brush, then, sealing around the cover with sticky tape including
    the heat sink and it fixed it.
    The response? You can't take that laser apart! It's a sealed unit. Ummm then why does the cover have SCREWS?
    He said it's a non repairable item. I said it was put together wasn't it?
    Hey dude fu.k off tech support. I was in their position but never underestimated dealer techs experience.
    You did it right.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.