Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    eBNext "From Name" inemail

Any idea if it is possible, "on the fly" to change the From Name in the email tab without having to retype it each time?

I have a new customer, a business center with 20 different clients. The Business Center manager wants their new e2515AC copier, when performing scan to email, to allow the user to select from the from name and from address located in their copier address book.

Their current Ricoh MPC3003 had this ability via a LCD button called "Sender Name".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: eBNext "From Name" inemail

if "from address cannot be edited in scan to Email" in the top access admin, setup, email section is unchecked they should be able to choose the from name from the address book...so long as there are email addresses in the book.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The only way I have done this is with Authentication turned on. From names / address are set in Admin>Security>Authentication>Email Address Setting.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    if "from address cannot be edited in scan to Email" in the top access admin, setup, email section is unchecked they should be able to choose the from name from the address book...so long as there are email addresses in the book.
    I am playing with that and trying to create One Touch icons on the LCD panel using the Home+ button.

Still a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    The only way I have done this is with Authentication turned on. From names / address are set in Admin>Security>Authentication>Email Address Setting.

I am thinking the same. This Business Center customer does not want to introduce Authentication to its clients but understands it might have to be. Thanks,

Still testing and have a call into the InTouch Center, USA.

So I called the InTouch Center, USA and they said it is a security risk to allow multiple From Addresses and they discourage it.

They also said it could cause emails to fail to send because the User Name and Password will not match the From Address.

This customer gave me a SMTP Client that is just an IP Address with No Authentication on Port 25. The customer does not know anything about that IP address or why the previous vendor choose that IP address.

I think I am going to respond back to the customer that "it is a Security risk" and see how they respond.