Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e-studio 281c

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

e-studio 281c

yes I know this machine is older than dirt but one of my church customers still has a working one the transfer belt tore in half
    there are a few on ebay new that say 281c 451c then 3511c 4511c well the parts guides for both machines show a different part number and I have heard they are different but im getting conflicting info from other websites that sell belts some list them seperatly and some say they are the same
    please advise
    thank you
    bruce
    49 dollar copier svc.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e-studio 281c

Re: e-studio 281c

I have spent the last 10 years forgetting about everything I used to know about these 1st generation colour copiers.

You cannot go forward in the copier business if you hang onto the past for too long.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    e-studio 281c

WOW! Boy, that brings back nighmares. The 281 series was a HUGE upgrade from the 3511 series!
    And that ain't sayin' much.

The part numbers for the 281C series belt & 3511 belt are different.

6LE41366000 ASYS-TBU-BELT-F41X <<<<281C series belt

6LA40370000 BT-3511TR <<<<3511 series belt

I went to look in Web Ribon, the online Toshiba parts manual and I couldn't even find the 281 listed! LOL
    Went to the computer CD Ribon we still have on the shop computer and found the part numbers.
    I remember the first day of TABS school on the 4511...called my boss when I got back to the hotel the
    first night (I'd been working on TABS for about 11 years at the time, copiers about 15 years)
    Told him whatever you do, DO NOT let anyone touch these machines, unless they have been to school or
    I gave them training...those damn things scared the crap out of me. What you had to do, just to get the transfer
    belt, drum & developer units out was a PITA!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    e-studio 281c

Ali Express claims that they're the compatible. I personally have never seen the 3511C, but the build is so similar that I'd probably try it.

I can tell you for sure that 6LE41366000 has not been available from Toshiba for 3+ years. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The 3511/4511 series was my first foray into the world of Toshiba color copiers. It's a wonder I didn't pull all my hair out. I remember going around to al the ones we had in the field and replacing the drive belts that were falling apart. One thing I learned was that if you could work on those out in the field then anything else was easy and I carried that lesson with me to this day. So if I was having a bad day working on a color copier I would say to myself, "a least it's not a 3511!"

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gliderider View Post
    The 3511/4511 series was my first foray into the world of Toshiba color copiers. It's a wonder I didn't pull all my hair out. I remember going around to al the ones we had in the field and replacing the drive belts that were falling apart. One thing I learned was that if you could work on those out in the field then anything else was easy and I carried that lesson with me to this day. So if I was having a bad day working on a color copier I would say to myself, "a least it's not a 3511!"
    Absolutely agree. My first color Toshy was FC15/22 but having a few 3511/4511 in the field was enlightening Just doing PM on one of these POS was like full day job even after doing this 3-4 times before. Infamous revolver developer units system, numerous BSIs just to patch it, awful colors...boy C281 was huge relief after that although for sure not good machine itself.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    e-studio 281c

Primary transfer belt.jpg

The illustration is a little different in RIBON. It's hard to tell.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

e-studio 281c

Does anyone remember when they came out with the mod kit for the 3511 that fixed the issue with the drum belt ripping apart, that consisted
    of belts, new gears etc?
    First one of those I changed, myself & another tech, both factory trained on that #$!@)% thing, took us a couple hours to pull it
    all apart and get it back together.

Technician

Wowzers, y'all are bringing back the nightmares! That belt kit on 3511's was a real booger. You had to gut the machine just to clean laser slit glass. Did y'all ever have an auger break in the waste toner system? And TABS in their infinite wisdom sells a bunch of 281/351C's to a major national account but guess what, they are going to be black only machines. And oh by the way, y'all need to keep them running well past when they should have been obsolete. To answer the original question, no, the belts are not the same.

e-studio 281c

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Wowzers, y'all are bringing back the nightmares! That belt kit on 3511's was a real booger. You had to gut the machine just to clean laser slit glass. Did y'all ever have an auger break in the waste toner system? And TABS in their infinite wisdom sells a bunch of 281/351C's to a major national account but guess what, they are going to be black only machines. And oh by the way, y'all need to keep them running well past when they should have been obsolete. To answer the original question, no, the belts are not the same.

Yeah! I remember all those national account 351's they turned into black only machines. What a joke.
    I think it's also why when we get 4018A series or 3015AC series machines as national accounts, they almost always
    come with an INTERNAL finsher. I think TABS has a warehouse full of those things they can't give away.