Thread: Reset password

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Reset password

I delivered a used Toshiba ES2018A copier with under 7K copies and I had told their IT guy the login and passwords are "admin" and "123456" but he called and said it didn't work. I am thinking the previous owners change it but I don't know how to reset it. In Canon all you have to do is go into service mode and clear it and it goes back to manufacture default. I'm sure Toshiba must have the option somewhere but I can't find it in the service manual.
    Any help is appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Reset password

Re: Reset password

08 - 8929. That'll set the admin password back to default.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Reset password

Since this was a "used" machine, you might be better off to make sure EVERYTHING (but the meters) are reset back to
    factory, and ALL other customer data is gone, by doing a decomission. 08-8615 (takes a little while)
    When done, power off, go back into FS mode and 08-8616.
    It WILL remove it from the cloud, so if you have anything from the other machine stored on the cloud it is gone, and you
    will have to add it back to the ECC server. But, it's the best way to know everything is gone and if anyone has screwed
    with some of the 05 or 08 settings, they are back to factory settings.
    It's not that hard as it was back before, but we had techs that would crawl down the rabbit hole by tweaking something,
    instead of troubleshooting the problem and then when I would get a call, first thing I would do was to download the CSV's
    and stick it into MMDT2 tool to see what popped up in the outlier box to find any setting that were changed that should have
    never been jacked with in the first place.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts riyadh hossainbd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I delivered a used Toshiba ES2018A copier with under 7K copies and I had told their IT guy the login and passwords are "admin" and "123456" but he called and said it didn't work. I am thinking the previous owners change it but I don't know how to reset it. In Canon all you have to do is go into service mode and clear it and it goes back to manufacture default. I'm sure Toshiba must have the option somewhere but I can't find it in the service manual.
    Any help is appreciated.
    You change SRAM in system board then update firmware