Thread: Hey Rusty

Technician

Hey Rusty

Rusty, have y'all noticed a delay in getting shipments from TABS-Horn Lake, and not TABS but the carrier causing delay? A couple of weeks in a row I've had to email TABS to find out shipping status on parts/supplies. The latest one shows on the LTL Tracking Details that it was picked up at Horn Lake on 8/31/21 and shows a "Delivery Date" of 9/10/21. Tuesday it showed a "Delivery Date" of 9/9/21. I had one week before last from their ground carrier that the tracking number wasn't recognized by said ground carrier's tracking site. Reordered items and the original order items showed up a few days later. I tried to private message you this question but it wasn't allowed. Thanks, Mark. And Oh By The Way, I almost posted this on Exchange board to all, but didn't want to get blackballed from FYI!
    Last edited by MarkG52; 09-09-2021 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Hey Rusty

Re: Hey Rusty

Yeah, not just Toshiba machines either. Our warehouse guy tracked down an order we've been waiting on since JUNE.
    He somehow found it not 10 miles from our office at a FedEx warehouse. He spent a lot of time on the phone with them
    last week and they said they were waiting for 4 more pallets to show up, to complete the order, and they would be here
    on Sept.2nd. (last Thursday). They showed up this Tuesday the 7th. They've either been sitting in a warehouse forever,
    or on a ship in the harbor forever. I've never seen so much dust/dirt on a box. Some of the boxes looked like they had
    fork lifts run into the pallets and boxes.
    One that was undamaged, once we took the box off, and pulled the wrap off, we had to spend another 10 minutes just cleaning
    the d*mn covers because they had so much dust on them.

I pray they don't shut everything down again, getting parts has been a PITA, but the machines we are receiving, are for orders
    taken in JUNE. I talked to our ordering person the other day and she said orders she did in late July, don't have an arrival date
    until the end of September!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Rusty, have y'all noticed a delay in getting shipments from TABS-Horn Lake, and not TABS but the carrier causing delay? A couple of weeks in a row I've had to email TABS to find out shipping status on parts/supplies. The latest one shows on the LTL Tracking Details that it was picked up at Horn Lake on 8/31/21 and shows a "Delivery Date" of 9/10/21. Tuesday it showed a "Delivery Date" of 9/9/21. I had one week before last from their ground carrier that the tracking number wasn't recognized by said ground carrier's tracking site. Reordered items and the original order items showed up a few days later. I tried to private message you this question but it wasn't allowed. Thanks, Mark. And Oh By The Way, I almost posted this on Exchange board to all, but didn't want to get blackballed from FYI!

Technician

We are still short one Tosh and 4 Bros on a school district install ordered in mid July, plus several machines ordered for customer upgrades. I can handle that better because at least we have their original equipment or loaners at these locations. Parts back orders and carrier delays are driving me bonkers though!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Hey Rusty

If it makes you feel better to whine about long shipment delays please do so but unless you have been living under a rock the last six months, all of global commerce, all industries, has been negatively effected by world wide logistic snarls that will last well into 2022 made much worse by COVID-19.

Customers big and small will experience product delivery delays.

Toshiba has an order for over 300 Industrial label printers with FedEx worth more than $.5M that cannot be delivered until November. Nor can anyone else deliver.

Technician

Just checked tracking on LTL carrier from my original post, "Delivery Date" now says 9/13/21. That is ridiculous.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    If it makes you feel better to whine about long shipment delays please do so but unless you have been living under a rock the last six months, all of global commerce, all industries, has been negatively effected by world wide logistic snarls that will last well into 2022 made much worse by COVID-19.

Customers big and small will experience product delivery delays.

Toshiba has an order for over 300 Industrial label printers with FedEx worth more than $.5M that cannot be delivered until November. Nor can anyone else deliver.
    Not whining, nor living under a rock. I totally understand delays and backorders on parts/equipment/etc coming across the big water, but when a carrier has picked up a shipment from a warehouse 4 or 5 hours away from here and it takes 2 weeks to deliver(if they haven't lost it)....... That is unacceptable.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Hey Rusty

Ordered a fuser kit for a Lexmark that's still current in march..eta is January

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    Ordered a fuser kit for a Lexmark that's still current in march..eta is January
    Yikes!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Hey Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Not whining, nor living under a rock. I totally understand delays and backorders on parts/equipment/etc coming across the big water, but when a carrier has picked up a shipment from a warehouse 4 or 5 hours away from here and it takes 2 weeks to deliver(if they haven't lost it)....... That is unacceptable.
    .... do you have a tracking #?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    .... do you have a tracking #?
    Yep. YC with TABS has been in contact with LTL carrier. They are trying to find it.