Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Anuradhapura
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Question ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    Hello,

    What is the difference in ADI HDD and SATA HDD? Why can't we change to SATA HDD from ADI HDD. Please explain Brothers.

    Thank You So Much.
    Have a Nice Day.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Rusty.Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    The ADI or "wipe" drive is a specific HDD that comes standard in every Toshiba TEC copier.
    You cannot replace it with a standard HDD, as these ADI drives are more secure. If you
    attempt to move an ADI drive, to another machine, that also has an ADI drive, the encryption
    keys won't match and all data will be removed from the drive.

    Several years ago, I ordered a non wipe 320 gig Toshiba HDD, then removed the circuit board
    from the wipe drive, and replaced it with the circuit board from the non wipe drive, to see if I could
    access the wipe drive. Apparently they must tinker with the low level formatting of the drive, and
    there is a different chip on the wipe board.

  3. #3
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    19,882
    Rep Power
    383

    Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    This is your third post on the same topic. Do you think that if you keep asking, that you'll get a different answer?
    I'm done answering since your not too interested in the replies. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Anuradhapura
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This is your third post on the same topic. Do you think that if you keep asking, that you'll get a different answer?
    I'm done answering since your not too interested in the replies. =^..^=
    Hello Blackcat,

    Yes. I want to convert Toshiba 256 to SATA HDD from ADI HDD. I attached proffment for that reason. Please look it.

    Thank you.
    Have a Nice Day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Rusty.Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This is your third post on the same topic. Do you think that if you keep asking, that you'll get a different answer?
    I'm done answering since your not too interested in the replies. =^..^=

    Didn't know he had asked this before. Apparently he won't read?

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vincent128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    You can't.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTavishLK View Post
    Hello Blackcat,

    Yes. I want to convert Toshiba 256 to SATA HDD from ADI HDD. I attached proffment for that reason. Please look it.

    Thank you.
    Have a Nice Day.

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Anuradhapura
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    You can't.
    Hello Vincent,

    Why are you saying "I cannot"
    I attached some pictures for the proofs.
    Therefore it is possible.
    If you know the procedure please tell me.

    Thank you so much.
    Have a Nice Day.

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vincent128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by MacTavishLK View Post
    Hello Vincent,

    Why are you saying "I cannot"
    I attached some pictures for the proofs.
    Therefore it is possible.
    If you know the procedure please tell me.

    Thank you so much.
    Have a Nice Day.
    If I gave you some pictures of a pig with wings, would you believe it could fly?

    You are not reading what has been already posted and you are not even reading your own 'proof' .

    You are asking to replace a wipe drive with a non wipe drive..you can't do that in the way you want.
    Your pictures are of a pre-converted non-wipe drive being replaced with a non-wipe SSD - you can do this

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Anuradhapura
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    If I gave you some pictures of a pig with wings, would you believe it could fly?

    You are not reading what has been already posted and you are not even reading your own 'proof' .

    You are asking to replace a wipe drive with a non wipe drive..you can't do that in the way you want.
    Your pictures are of a pre-converted non-wipe drive being replaced with a non-wipe SSD - you can do this
    Hey Vincent,

    Are you crazy man???? I don't want pictures of a pig with wings. That pictures captured from me and I checked those machines. There are working properly. I sure my eyes. It is possible method. If you can search it.

    Thank you so much.
    Have a Nice Day.

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vincent128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: ADI HDD and SATA HDD

    You still can't read though.

    WIPE drive to non-WIPE drive = no

    Your pictures are of a non-WIPE drive to an non-WIPE SSD.

    AGAIN

    Your pictures show a Toshiba regular ass off the shelve SATA drive being replaced with a regular ass off the shelve SATA drive which just so happens to be an SSD which is not important and totally do-able, just follow the instruction in the service manual.

    HOWEVER

    You are asking to replace a Toshiba ADI WipeDrive with a regular ass off the shelve SATA drive which is NOT feasible. Once those machines were fitted with ADI WipeDrives, there IS NO REVERT function to go back to a regular ass off the shelve drive.

    0921210940.jpg
    THIS is an ADI WipeDrive..your picture IS NOT

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here