Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Toshiba fuser parts

From what I gather here, it's cheaper to order the entire belt holder unit because the Shell (the only part that we can see in the diagram that is NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER) is almost as expensive just because of its magnetic properties? HOW much magnetic stuff is IN this thing? You can bend it so easily! I've given up trying to rationalize why Toshiba does what they do with parts and what can or can't be ordered. I've rebuilt so many of these damn fusers, it's a monthly chore that I'm just doing until the NEXT design comes out. I'm hopeful that the springs and the studs along with firmware 1600 actually does something. I'm amazed that they can make these fusers with such a flimsy feeling belt, thermistors, and thermostat to actually work. Looking back at the 857 fusers the only thing that needed replacing on a somewhat consistent basis was the THICK METAL hot roller, and that was just because the thing got scored. I rarely had to replace thermostats or even the pressure roller. I don't know why the fuser belt came into fashion as it's way WAY more delicate than the beefy and heavy old timey fusers.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Spring break for the schools here, I've replaced about 15 belt holders to this point, none have come back. I am imagining about 400k on my first replacement.

I wouild like to suggest that you order some of the new style studs, because if you replaced the holder before the bulletin came out, it is likely the new style holder with the old style studs.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toshiba fuser parts

Quote Originally Posted by Bardcat View Post
    From what I gather here, it's cheaper to order the entire belt holder unit because the Shell (the only part that we can see in the diagram that is NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER) is almost as expensive just because of its magnetic properties? HOW much magnetic stuff is IN this thing? You can bend it so easily! I've given up trying to rationalize why Toshiba does what they do with parts and what can or can't be ordered. I've rebuilt so many of these damn fusers, it's a monthly chore that I'm just doing until the NEXT design comes out. I'm hopeful that the springs and the studs along with firmware 1600 actually does something. I'm amazed that they can make these fusers with such a flimsy feeling belt, thermistors, and thermostat to actually work. Looking back at the 857 fusers the only thing that needed replacing on a somewhat consistent basis was the THICK METAL hot roller, and that was just because the thing got scored. I rarely had to replace thermostats or even the pressure roller. I don't know why the fuser belt came into fashion as it's way WAY more delicate than the beefy and heavy old timey fusers.

1600 seemed to tamp down some of our issues, but the biggest fix, was the addition of the new style springs in the belt holder, along with the new pins.
    Even in some of the rebuilt belt holders, they are holding up WAY longer than just rebuilding the belt holder with a new thermostat and or thermistors.
    I've had REAL GOOD luck setting the 85xx b&w, and the 75xx color machines fuser temperatures, to the level of the 55cpm speed. Heck, 99% of our
    customers that have the higher speed machines, never come close to the monthly or daily volume anyway.
    We've never had a complaint of toner rubbing off or low temperature codes due to cranking down the temperatures.

08-2010-0 =13
    08-2010-2 =13
    08-2020-10 =11
    08-2386 =2 (cooling fan speed)