e-Studio 3055c F101

Hello,

I have a Toshiba e-Studio 3055c that is showing the F101 error. I have been tasked with getting it back up and running. I can access the HDD Assist Menu and other menus so it seems that the hard drive is functioning. I'm thinking its a firmware error and I could really use some help with the process. I dont want to brick the machine. I'm willing to compensate someone for their assistance and time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    e-Studio 3055c F101

Re: e-Studio 3055c F101

Since you can access the hard drive menu in test mode, we can rule out an F101-0 error.
    There are F101-10 to 14. Which sub code is displayed?

Quote Originally Posted by photoguy42 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Toshiba e-Studio 3055c that is showing the F101 error. I have been tasked with getting it back up and running. I can access the HDD Assist Menu and other menus so it seems that the hard drive is functioning. I'm thinking its a firmware error and I could really use some help with the process. I dont want to brick the machine. I'm willing to compensate someone for their assistance and time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

e-Studio 3055c F101

Check the S.M.A.R.T info of HDD, if value of C5 is more than 1 then replace the HDD. Error will get back shortly. You need Firmware as well
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Since you can access the hard drive menu in test mode, we can rule out an F101-0 error.
    There are F101-10 to 14. Which sub code is displayed?
    Thank you for your help. I am getting an F101-1 error. Strangely, I was able to get into the File System Recovery Mode (5C) last week but not anymore. Any ideas?

estudio3055c.jpg

e-Studio 3055c F101

Root partition mount error (HDD formatting fails.): The HDD cannot be connected (mounted) caused by damage to the areas in which the program is mainly stored.

I would go into 3 Clear, format the HDD, and then go into 49 mode and reflash the machine.

NOW, that being said, There is/was an issue with the LENGTH of the HDD cable being too long. Easy way to tell is by looking at the photo. If the connection has an "S" bend, then what happens is the bend is causing the electrical connections to pull away. Until I got some when the bulletin came out, I would just reverse the bend so the plug would push the contacts TOWARDS the connector instead of away from the connector.

Capture.JPG