Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    eBN Fax Receive Forward

Re: eBN Fax Receive Forward

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Setup a forward to SMB instead of email and if that fails, points towards the machine.
    I only use an address from the address book to forward but have had to delete the email addy and re-enter as the forwarding address.
    You can test by using the HP test fax (1-888-473-2963) to get a fax incoming; keep in mind fax header and ID must be filled out

A couple of great ideas I will test tonight!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    How does that HP text fax thingy work? I just for giggles called the # from desk and get fax tones, but how do you get it to call you? Or do you do a manual RX when you hear the tones?

Kind regards!
    A.
    Once you send the fax, the HP system looks at the fax header and ID (fax number) and responds with a sheet to that number.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

eBN Fax Receive Forward

Once you send the fax, the HP system looks at the fax header and ID (fax number) and responds with a sheet to that number.

I do have the Header & Fax # programmed into Top Access. i can successfully send to the 1888 473-hpfaxme but I never get any response back.

I tried to pen in the info on my send document but still no response.

Examining my previous attempts to send, I have been getting error messages.

00B0 Initial signal not detected
    00B5 CFR not detected " A training signal has been sent out but CFR cannot be detected" "Adjust the transmitter attenuator and link equalizer"
    00D0 The transmitter cannot detect MCF, RTP, RTN, PIN & PIP. "Reattempt the communication.

Any idea if this is something that needs to be done on the copier side "Adjust the transmitter attenuator and link equalizer" or the telco side?

I do have a dedicated fax line. I had the telco check out the line remotely and they could find nothing wrong.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 12-02-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    eBN Fax Receive Forward

Telco never finds anything wrong as they only test it as a voice line.
    pops, cracks, humms..etc..they don't care about.

This is why I have a but-set...or you can go grab a old analog phone, use it to dial out to something and just listen to the line quality.
    Telco needs to do a data test on the line

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    eBN Fax Receive Forward

Those error codes you posted reminds me of a machine not sending faxes outside of the continent, other places was ok, what a headache that was. Not sure what happened but got many calls with the provider to look at the problem.
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I do have the Header & Fax # programmed into Top Access. i can successfully send to the 1888 473-hpfaxme but I never get any response back.

00B5 CFR not detected " A training signal has been sent out but CFR cannot be detected" "Adjust the transmitter attenuator and link equalizer"
    00D0 The transmitter cannot detect MCF, RTP, RTN, PIN & PIP. "Reattempt the communication.

Any idea if this is something that needs to be done on the copier side "Adjust the transmitter attenuator and link equalizer" or the telco side?

I do have a dedicated fax line. I had the telco check out the line remotely and they could find nothing wrong.

But you are getting faxes from other sources, they just print out instead of forwarding..correct? What happened when you forwarded to the SMB folder?

eBN Fax Receive Forward

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

Way back when Toshibas had settings in service mode for fax attenuation and equalizer which at the time sometimes had to be adjust to deal with long dist or overseas fax, in Canada you used to be able to send a fax to Toshiba Canada and they would be able to let you know if your fax settings in general were ok but I don't know if they still do that, and as far as the fax settings are concerned it was in fax service mode but that varies by model.

Regards.
    A

eBN Fax Receive Forward

Thanks! I'll have to try that out, appreciate the info!

A.

Wanting clarification... 1. You can receive a fax just fine, it prints out at the machine instead of forwarding to email, correct? 2. Can you send a fax , if so I think we have eliminated this being a fax issue. Did you ever get a chance to setup SMB folder to try faxing to? Have you tried sending it to another email to make sure something wasn't flagged or quarantined in the mail server for that particular email or its IP ? 3. Have you tried duplicating this issue on another machine?

eBN Fax Receive Forward

Quote Originally Posted by J_Arnold View Post
    Wanting clarification... 1. You can receive a fax just fine, it prints out at the machine instead of forwarding to email, correct? 2. Can you send a fax , if so I think we have eliminated this being a fax issue. Did you ever get a chance to setup SMB folder to try faxing to? Have you tried sending it to another email to make sure something wasn't flagged or quarantined in the mail server for that particular email or its IP ? 3. Have you tried duplicating this issue on another machine?
    I set up forward to folder on the weekend. I am waiting for some new faxes to arrive.

I also took your advice and will CC forward to two alternate email address.