Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    8518A C471 error

ES 8518A C471 error

Reset FS 08-2002 to zero, but Code C471 keeps popping up. SM says to replace IH interlock switch, then fuser.

And any tips regarding this code would be great. I read the issues on C471s on 8508a and I'm hoping with this newer model things got corrected, though it's the exact same fuser. I went ahead and adjusted values as stated in previous posts regarding fans turning on sooner and what not. Also tested the IH cooling fan low and high (thanks blackcat!).
    Last edited by buzz; 12-29-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    8518A C471 error

Re: 8518A C471 error

You're welcome. And AFAIK, it's exactly the same situation. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    8518A C471 error

Oh you don't want to get me started on this POS fuser. The 5540~5560 fusers would last a LONG time, so when they
    made the 6506/16AC - 8508/18 series what did they change? The fuser.
    The operating temperature of the machine is too close to the rating of the stupid fuse. Also, the belt holder is too weak.
    Now, they've come out with a new bulletin (october) TSB-2078 that says to replace the springs in the belt holder, and
    the alignment pins on the fuser. They claim the stonger springs will keep better tension on the fuser belt & belt holder
    along with the larger in diameter pins on the fuser, will move the fuser just a little farther away from the IH coil.
    Heck, you can't get belt holders since they are on backorder. I've updated about 2 dozen fusers with the new parts, but
    it was right before the schools shut down for Christmas...I guess we'll see by the end of next week if they help.

Also, I've had REAL good luck ditching the stock eye dropper of lubricating oil, and using double the amount of Shin-Etsu
    oil. Content | Shin-Etsu Chemical Company

This has pretty much stopped the belt unit from "drying out" and ripping the belt apart. Personally, the oil at room temperature
    is very "watery". I think it really starts running out once the fuser heats up. The lubricating oil in the 4505AC series is a thicker
    oil at room temperature. I've even thought about using that oil, but the Shin Etsu oil, along with dropping the fuser temperatures,
    (Version 1600 makes about 11 changes) along with these settings, is helping.

(ONLY for the 8508-18's)

08-2010-0=13
    08-2010-2=13
    08-2010-10=11
    08-2386=2 (fan speed)

I just created a policy and sent it out over the cloud. Yeah, it's changing the 85cpm speed machines temperatures down to 55cpm
    machine temperatures, but we haven't seen any negative outcomes. Heck, most of these machines we have are in schools and they
    don't run the monthly volumes on them anyway.

I'm HOPING next week we have a good outcome with the updated springs/pins because even in this "short" December month, just
    my office has rebuilt 19 fusers.

We sent out a policy to reduce the speed on our machines as well. Luckily we have not encountered the nightmare you have with these models (knock on wood).

And on one of your other posts.. Don't get me started on the new FYI. I boycotted it right after it launched. In fact I posted about a mutiny on the site and suggested we all come to copytech.net, post was instantly removed and within 20 minutes we had corporate calling our office to speak with me about my insubordination. After that I quit playing their game.. 15 years of bookmarks and info taken away without a chance to backup or save, but I am in the wrong for taking issue
    *shake my head* rant over.

Edit:Oops, I meant this as a reply to Rusty.
    Last edited by J_Arnold; 01-06-2022 at 11:55 PM.
    “First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    8518A C471 error

Quote Originally Posted by J_Arnold View Post
    We sent out a policy to reduce the speed on our machines as well. Luckily we have not encountered the nightmare you have with these models (knock on wood).

And on one of your other posts.. Don't get me started on the new FYI. I boycotted it right after it launched. In fact I posted about a mutiny on the site and suggested we all come to copytech.net, post was instantly removed and within 20 minutes we had corporate calling our office to speak with me about my insubordination. After that I quit playing their game.. 15 years of bookmarks and info taken away without a chance to backup or save, but I am in the wrong for taking issue
    *shake my head* rant over.

Edit:Oops, I meant this as a reply to Rusty.

I think they dumped it because we were coming up with ANSWERS to their problems and the support guys weren't doing anything. LOL
    I know 20 years ago, someone said I should go to work for TABS. I said there is no way in hell I'd work for any "corporate" business.
    I don't play those ass kissing games.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    8518A C471 error

I see there is a new web meeting next week about PM'ing the EBN fusers...This should be fun to listen to.
    Will be the same old same old...
    "your doing it wrong, use all the oil, update firmware to latest"

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    I see there is a new web meeting next week about PM'ing the EBN fusers...This should be fun to listen to.
    Will be the same old same old...
    "your doing it wrong, use all the oil, update firmware to latest"
    The last 3 Toshiba schools I attended were a joke. We played all week. Never broke anything down and rebuilt. Watched some slides and took our open book test. I scored Top Tech, but never touched the fuser??? Anyway maybe Toshiba should look closer to home for the remedy instead of putting it off on dealers and techs.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    8518A C471 error

In my experience some manufacturers are more interested in sweeping the issues under the rug, than fixing anything. There isn't a rug big enough to sweep this issue under.

I'm not sure why, but I believe that Toshiba is "committed" to this film technology, and for an unknown reason cannot go back to a functioning reliable fuser. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    In my experience some manufacturers are more interested in sweeping the issues under the rug, than fixing anything. There isn't a rug big enough to sweep this issue under.

I'm not sure why, but I believe that Toshiba is "committed" to this film technology, and for an unknown reason cannot go back to a functioning reliable fuser. =^..^=
    Lucky for my company we have a secret weapon. Our service manager MarkG52 can Markguyver anything!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    8518A C471 error

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Can you say Samsung ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk