Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Toshiba MFP and Printers

Hi Guys,

My company is about to change Brand.
    We always had Kyocera but now it's time to change.
    We are a small company that works mainly with rental.
    It's not yet decided but now (tech rep) I have to give my opinion.

What's about Toshiba? The e-Studio are good models?
    What's about the color print quality? We all know that Konica are the best but is eStudio working well?
    Someone knows in comparison to a Kyocera?
    And monochrome printers? Are Lexmark rebranded? The salesman "said" (or at least I understand) that keeping Kyo for monochrome should be better.

Now let's this thread go, this is no time to be shy.

Thank you in advance,
    Kyove

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Toshiba MFP and Printers

Re: Toshiba MFP and Printers

The quality is surely better.

You won't be swapping units any more. Be prepared to start rebuilding units. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba MFP and Printers

Venice, Florida?
    Venice, California?
    Venice, Italy?

When in doubt what copier to sell, service or rent always go with the Toshiba eStudio 330AC!

The great eBridge Next 2 operating system, the great LCD panel with it's industry best ability to customize, the great apps including MS365, the great reliability, the great flexibility, the compact size, the good consumables yield, the good image quality (LED not Laser), the reliability, the cost! The great print driver, the great ability to remotely service!

Image quality is equal or better than the latest KM C3350i !

Easy for rental customers to understand!

Voted by BLI as the Best A4, Winter 2021.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba MFP and Printers

This product is always in high demand so if you are thinking about only ordering one as you sell one, you will always be on back order.

If you do not open with an order for at least three, Toshiba may think you as a dealer does not have the right stuff to bother opening an account with. OEM inventory remains limited util at least summer 2022.

Toshiba offers re-labelled Lexmark product with dealers costs from $550.00 up.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toshiba MFP and Printers

I think taking a jump from Kyocera to Toshiba would be a backwards move. I moved away from Toshiba, after selling and servicing only that brand for over 20 years and continued into my 40th year still selling and servicing Toshiba. But when I changed to Konica Minolta in 2008, it was a life altering decision. The Toshibas are complete jam-boxes, copy quality (on the BW) was OK, but the machines broke down 10x to 1 vs. the KM. Toshiba's engineering (mechanical, not how pretty their displays are) is HORRIBLE, and always has been. I just feel that Toshiba, like Panasonic, never took their copier division seriously, and the product suffered many weak iterations.

It's completely possible, as others have said, that Toshiba did a complete 180 and the product is GREAT now, but what are the chances?? And measuring using "BLI's Copier of the Year" as a benchmark is a joke in and of itself. That's comparing features when the machine is new, certainly not reliability 5 or 10 years down the road. When is the last time you've (truly) seen a manufacturer completely change their engineering and make a good machine...?? Not often, but I guess its possible. Judging from the number of KM machines I see, both in the field and available from wholesalers, with millions of pages, YEAH, you don't see that with Toshiba, but you do with KM. That speaks volumes.

Hope this helps,
    OC

Salesman is right, for just mono, keep Kyocera. For color, I think that Canon is the best. Even maybe Konica Minolta. I think, everything but not Toshiba. To be ones, I use Kyocera ECOSYS M6526CDN. It is older machine but working great. Toners are cheap, they are TK 590 I think. For mass printing Canon ADV-IR C5355 copier. This is beast!