Thread: F040 4 GB RAM

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    F040 4 GB RAM

F040 4 GB RAM

I helped to remotely install a e2518A today with a MR4000B and extra GC1410 4GB RAM. The copier promptly popped a F040 code (meaning only 2 GB RAM was installed) after repeated attempts to re-seat and initialize the extra RAM.

I am sure the RAM chip was 4 GB and it was seated properly. I tried 08-3698-1 as per the setup guide.

Any ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    F040 4 GB RAM

Re: F040 4 GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I helped to remotely install a e2518A today with a MR4000B and extra GC1410 4GB RAM. The copier promptly popped a F040 code (meaning only 2 GB RAM was installed) after repeated attempts to re-seat and initialize the extra RAM.

I am sure the RAM chip was 4 GB and it was seated properly. I tried 08-3698-1 as per the setup guide.

Any ideas?
    Try holding the sleep button while power on. That is in the manual for when replacing the memory or system board.
    Otherwise, I’d say your new ram chip is not 4GB or is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

Any ideas?
    Wrong manufacturer? We have had several 4g Memory chips not work. Remember Toshiba is still a bit proprietary, so not every manufacturers memory will work. Samsung is the one that seems to work most of the time and it is what I find in most of the EBN\EBN2 series, but others will work it is just a bit of trial and error.
    “First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    F040 4 GB RAM

The tech went back and reinitialized the RAM by holding down the Sleep hard key while powering on the copier.

Sometimes the supplied printed instructions are small and hard to read and we missed a step.