Senior Tech 100+ Posts

2050c firmware upgrade fails

hello
    it started out with f101sub 1 i did 3c 5 backup restore all good reboot no help then I formated the hard drive and tried to install firmware 49 on with usb the blue screen came up showing usb and firmware version but nothing in the screen to choose so I replaced the hard drive with a known good one did 3c 5 no help same thing no firmware shown so I got a new stick and dropped the firware and tried again no help so I took the system board out of the same machine as the adi and tried the firware again and this time it came up with 3 choices 1 normal update 2 patch update and 3 diff t6hought I had it could only choose 1 normal update but when I did it went back to the same screen with no firmware to be seen also the stick works on a test macine with no problems I'm totaly out of ideas thanks in advance for your help

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: 2050c firmware upgrade fails

Are you sure it's the right firmware? The times this has happened to me I had:

1) loaded the wrong model firmware
    2) loaded no firmware at all (LOL!)
    3) used a failing USB stick
    4) the customer was a bank, and had disabled the USB port.

If #4, try using the other USB port on the system board.
    The most recent firmware that I have for the Weisshorn Low is v2196, downloaded Nov 2020. I can't say if there is anything newer. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Another one that gets me is firmware extracted from zip into a folder that looks right but has another subfolder inside that needs moved to root of drive.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Maybe this helps?...

e-STUDIO2550 Series USB Firmware

Models: e-STUDIO2050, e-STUDIO2550
    SYS 2190 SMB Support

The SYS 2190 firmware for the e-STUDIO2550C series provides scan to file support in environments where SMB 1 is disabled. To revert the MFP to a prior version after installing SYS 2190 firmware, you will need to reformat the HDD.
    Clone Files

Prior to installing firmware, you should retrieve a set of clone files so that you can recover machine settings if you encounter a problem. Review this section of the MFP Management Guide for additional information:

Instructions: MFP Management Guide Cloning [PDF]

USB Firmware Update Instructions

USB firmware installation instructions from the Service Manual are included below:

Instructions: USB Firmware Update Instructions [PDF]

Certain combinations of selected updates in the 2550/2551 firmware do not work. All reasonable combinations work. Among the following are supported combinations:

• The default combination of firmware selected by the MFP works in a normal update sequence
    • Selecting all firmware for update works
    • Selecting all changed firmware for update works in a normal update sequence
    • Any combination works if SYS is at 1330

The following will NOT work:
    If the e-STUDIO255x Series MFP is at SYS 1200 or earlier, do NOT select SYS + RADF without Scan. If the MFP is at SYS 1200 do NOT select RADF only. Either of these combinations will fail.

USB Files

You download individual update packages for each machine type:

• 2050/2550 HDD
    • 2050/2550 SSD

We used to offer a merged package with firmware for 2550c HDD, 2550c SSD, 2551c and 5055c but we are not able to make this work anymore because the SSD machines are not at the same firmware version as the HDD machines. You can put the 2550c HDD files in the same directory as the 5055c files and you can put the 2550c SSD files in the same directory as the 2551c files.
    Special Warning this Version

If the current version is earlier than SYS1201, then follow the procedure below:
    Before installing version 1201, perform the following procedure to delete unnecessary logs in the HDD/SSD.
    [5][C]+ power ON -> [7] (7. HDD Utility) -> [START] -> [1] (1. Initialize) -> [START]

2050c/2550c With Hard Disk Drive (HDD) [only]: T569ALL0W2196_USB.zip
    2050c/2550c With Solid State Disk (SSD) [only]: T210ALL0W2191_USB.zip
    How to Identify the Correct Firmware System File

If you have an existing USB key or firmware package with 255xC/5055c Series firmware, yoo can check the contents of the 2050C_5050C folder to see if has the proper System firmware and System Firmware for your MFP. The files are named as described below.

• 2050c/2550c With Solid State Disk (SSD): T210SF0Wxxxx.tar, T210HD0Wxxxx.tar
    • 2050c/2550c With Hard Disk Drive (HDD): T210SF0Wxxxx.tar, T569HD0Wxxxx.tar
    • 2051c/2551c With Solid State Disk (SSD): T230SF0Wxxxx.tar, T230HD0Wxxxx.tar
    • 5055c Series With Hard Disk Drive (HDD): T212SF0Wxxxx.tar, T212HD0Wxxxx.tar

Good evening and thank you for your support. I tried to install the firmware update as you described. It updates everything, but then it says to me: Invalid Signature.Copy Signature File in USB Storage.Is there a solution for this?
    Greetings from Germany

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You probably are using a wrong FW for your machine type/series
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzoo View Post
    You probably are using a wrong FW for your machine type/series

Hello and thank you for your answer. My 2050c has an SSD , SYS 2190 and I tried installing this firmware: T210HD0W2191 / T210SF0W2190 , with this signature File : signatures_L.sig
    Last edited by Zagoriano; 10-17-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Re: 2050c Firmware-Upgrade schlägt fehl

Hello again.

Property now the correct firmware found.
    IMG_7296.jpgIf I start with 4+9, I get the 3 update options displayed, but I can't select anything as the screen would freeze. Have you ever had it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagoriano View Post
    Good evening and thank you for your support. I tried to install the firmware update as you described. It updates everything, but then it says to me: Invalid Signature.Copy Signature File in USB Storage.Is there a solution for this?
    Greetings from Germany

Hello, I had such a case in 2555c, RAM was damaged, after replacing FW update was succeded.
    Marcin

Re: 2050c Firmware-Upgrade schlägt fehl

Quote Originally Posted by Zagoriano View Post
    Hello again.

Property now the correct firmware found.
    IMG_7296.jpgIf I start with 4+9, I get the 3 update options displayed, but I can't select anything as the screen would freeze. Have you ever had it?
    The same thing is happening to me also. Did you ever find a solution?