Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Fax header overwrites text

Does anyone know a way change the properties of the fax header (TTI) so it doesn't block any text at the top of a document? We have a client that uses the Toshiba print to fax driver and the software they have puts the top line of text almost at the very edge of the page. When they fax it the TTI goes on top of the first line and blocks it. I get the same result if I fax a test sheet off the glass, so it's not a print to fax issue but a property of the TTI placement. I'm wondering if there's a setting that shrinks the doc so it fits below the header?

I've tried 08-3639, and 13- 510 and 379 but they don't change anything in this scenario.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Re: Fax header overwrites text

look for an option to print the tti at the bottom of the page

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Most fax machines have two options for the position of the TTI information:
    overlaying the page data, or above the page data (shifting the page data down one line). I looked for that setting, but don't see it.

Soft switch 941 enables the appearance of a button on the fax display to turn OFF/ON the TTI. I'm not sure if that will help you, but there it is. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Does anyone know a way change the properties of the fax header (TTI) so it doesn't block any text at the top of a document? We have a client that uses the Toshiba print to fax driver and the software they have puts the top line of text almost at the very edge of the page. When they fax it the TTI goes on top of the first line and blocks it. I get the same result if I fax a test sheet off the glass, so it's not a print to fax issue but a property of the TTI placement. I'm wondering if there's a setting that shrinks the doc so it fits below the header?

I've tried 08-3639, and 13- 510 and 379 but they don't change anything in this scenario.
    If you want to adjust the header position for IP Fax, try 13-754:
    ip fax tti.jpg

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

LOL, I remember when plain paper fax machines started showing up replacing the roll paper machines.
    We started getting calls about fax machines printing out blank sheets. After a few head scratchings I finally
    figured out what was going on. Some techs had set the machines to print OUTSIDE the image area, which was
    making the fax "longer" than letter size paper, so it would print out the "bottom" of the fax, on the 2nd page.
    If the page didn't have anything at the bottom, it would obviously be blank. (This was mostly in a hospital
    environment where I had around 300 fax units). Once I changed some settings, had it shrink down the document
    to fit the page, the "it's printing blank pages" stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Most fax machines have two options for the position of the TTI information:
    overlaying the page data, or above the page data (shifting the page data down one line). I looked for that setting, but don't see it.

Soft switch 941 enables the appearance of a button on the fax display to turn OFF/ON the TTI. I'm not sure if that will help you, but there it is. =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Turns out it is 13 - 510 set to 3. I did some more testing in the office and realized I must've only tried 1 and 2 onsite. Blame it on a Monday! After setting it to 3 the image is slightly shrunk so the entire page appears below the TTI.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?