Question Toshiba e-studio 5506ac fuser temperature

I can't find the code 08-2010 to adjust the temperature of the Fuser. Because after printing the ink does not stick to the paper, if you touch the text with your hand, it will disappear . Can anyone help me? THANK!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba e-studio 5506ac fuser temperature

Re: Toshiba e-studio 5506ac fuser temperature

... does the text feel gritty in your hand?

[QUOTE = SalesServiceGuy; 2190128] ... does the text feel gritty in your hand? [/ QUOTE]

Yes, that is also the current situation!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DKTTECH View Post
    [QUOTE = SalesServiceGuy; 2190128] ... does the text feel gritty in your hand? [/ QUOTE]

Yes, that is also the current situation!

... one of your Developers has likely been depleted. There could be multiple reason why that someone else could explain. A code input is not likely to fix this problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... one of your Developers has likely been depleted. There could be multiple reason why that someone else could explain. A code input is not likely to fix this problem.

Unless the devloper units have been updated, the developer has probably "leaked" out and you don't have the correct ratio of toner/developer
    and the amount is low, causing the toner to rub off.
    Look up TSB-1981, which changes the developer casing a bit, to help prevent leaking.
    If you see the FRONT developer mixer shafts have the appearance that the eclips are cutting in on them, replace them as well.
    Plus, check the front & rear bearings for the mixer shafts. I typically place a pair of needle nose pliers inside the bearings, open
    up the pliers to put pressure on the bearing inner sleeve and see if I can rotate them. If I feel any "grit" or they feel stiff, I toss
    them.
    If you rebuild the developer unit, you'll need the following
    4- 4401949290 Oil seals (called V-rings)
    4- F0-01959000 Bearings (depending on how many are chewed up)
    1- 6LK40737000 Case-Dev
    1- 6LK40749000 Mixer shaft right
    1- 6LK40737000 Mixer shaft left

Now, here's something that still irks me... see the first part number? Starts with 4401. THAT part number dates to the mid-late 1980's
    In EVER service manual, (except the 5508A, 5518A, 5506AC, 5516AC) they mention placing "two rice grains" of Alvania #2 grease on the
    rubber OIL seal (now called v-ring seal) after you place the seal on the shaft, before you seat the bearing.
    Even the 4515AC series disassembly/reassembly tells you to add the grease. But, in the larger b&w machines they tell you not to.
    IT'S THE SAME PART. If it should be on the smaller machines, I think it should be on the larger machines.
    On the developer units we rebuilt before the new developer case was released, we had NO leaks & returns on the ones with the grease
    added.
    Furthermore, ALL of our leaking developer issues started in the late fall/early winter of 2018...at which time in this part of the country
    (midwest), it gets COLD and DRY. People kick on the heat which drops the humidity. I suspect the rubber seals dry out, shrink up just
    enough to allow the developer to migrate past the seals. With the added grease on the seals, that never has happened again.