Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Toshiba eStudio 2051c

Hey everyone,

We recently went to print some things on our old eStudio. The display is showing error F121 with the description "User Management DB Corruption". My limited Google seems to show this could be a hard disk failure in the unit? If that is indeed the case, it would not shock me, since the machine is pretty old.

Also from my limited research, it seems that swapping out the disk shouldnt be an issue, but that I would need to initialize it with new firmware. Where can I get this firmware from?

I live on a small island, and the Toshiba techs want to charge an absolute fortune to come out (via boat/barge) to inspect this machine to even diagnose it, before any repairs can take place.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba eStudio 2051c

If you are living on an island paradise away from civilisation you must expect travel costs for any trades that come to you. Your options are take the machine to them or buy a new one and pay the shipping costs.

Re: Toshiba eStudio 2051c

Unfortunately, taking the printer to them will be around $400 or so. I would love to have a crack at replacing the drive and putting new firmware on it.