Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Toshiba e-studio 2050C Error CE40

Hi, I have a problem with my toshiba e studio 2050c.

It have the error CE40.

I clened the "
    Transfer belt cleaning unit" and all the 4 color "Cleaner units"

I didnt touch the "Developer units" it looks like this:

1546ef61-6250-4a26-98cf-a1247547b3ae.jpg

I also cleaned the "Image quality control unit"

What should i do next? do I have to enter some 08 Code to resert the error?

Thanks.
    Regrads!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Toshiba e-studio 2050C Error CE40

I can't see the other developing rollers, but the yellow developer is definitely depleted. Do you see the "barber pole" pattern lacking developer?

CE40 means that the patch sensors are not seeing some of the color patches on the belt. It would be informative if you took photos of the developing rollers of each color. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I can't see the other developing rollers, but the yellow developer is definitely depleted. Do you see the "barber pole" pattern lacking developer?

CE40 means that the patch sensors are not seeing some of the color patches on the belt. It would be informative if you took photos of the developing rollers of each color. =^..^=
    I also realice that the transfer belt its broken and you can see the color path on the belt, and yelow its different.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50 (1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50 (2).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50 (3).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50.jpg

so I belive that i have to start changing the transfer belt and then replacing developer material. Its that correct?

With developing rollers do you mean developer sleeve?
    Captura.jpg

thanks..

Technician

Also I realice that one of the paths its missing, look this thread some years ago :P when I had a problem with the transfer belt cleaning unit

toner lines in transfer belt unit TOSHIBA e-STUDIO 2050C error CE20

in the image there are two paths in the belt

regards.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

... when you say barber pole you are referring to multiple places along the yellow developer magnetic roller where there is no yellow developer present.

This is because there is no longer enough developer inside the developer casing to coat the mag roller. Correct?

The CMYK on the outside of the developer units is just toner dust correct?

Does the presence of this toner dust mean anything to be concerned about other than just clean it off?

Quote Originally Posted by leonardom57 View Post
    I also realice that the transfer belt its broken and you can see the color path on the belt, and yelow its different.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50 (1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50 (2).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50 (3).jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 15.42.50.jpg

so I belive that i have to start changing the transfer belt and then replacing developer material. Its that correct?

With developing rollers do you mean developer sleeve?
    Captura.jpg

thanks..
    Yes, it's the same as the "developer sleeve" or "mag roller" (magnetic roller)

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... when you say barber pole you are referring to multiple places along the yellow developer magnetic roller where there is no yellow developer present.

This is because there is no longer enough developer inside the developer casing to coat the mag roller. Correct? ...
    Yes, exactly.

barber pole.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... The CMYK on the outside of the developer units is just toner dust correct?

Does the presence of this toner dust mean anything to be concerned about other than just clean it off?
    Firstly, if the machine errors out, it is normal to see patches on the transfer belt, but I only see one row of patches. We should be seeing patches at the front AND the rear of the transfer belt.

The toner spray on the top of the developing units on the top of the developing units looks to be what I'd expect when the machine was ready for all (4) developer changes. The developer density will become richer as it nears replacement. When it becomes this rich, just vacuuming will not help for long. It will continue spraying.

@SalesServiceGuy: Does my American English terminology vary from what you'd say in Canada? I know you've seen these effects ... what would you call them? =^..^=

Technician

Firstly, if the machine errors out, it is normal to see patches on the transfer belt, but I only see one row of patches. We should be seeing patches at the front AND the rear of the transfer belt.

The toner spray on the top of the developing units on the top of the developing units looks to be what I'd expect when the machine was ready for all (4) developer changes. The developer density will become richer as it nears replacement. When it becomes this rich, just vacuuming will not help for long. It will continue spraying.

So, first I Should change developer material in the four collors and then see if the color paths are formed on the tranfer belt, rigth?

Quote Originally Posted by leonardom57 View Post
    So, first I Should change developer material in the four collors and then see if the color paths are formed on the tranfer belt, rigth?
    Before you get too deep into this install are you prepared to spend over $1,000.00 on CMYK Developer material plus other parts?

Is the customer on a service contract and how long will it take to recoup this investment because in the end even if the repair goes perfect (you sound unexperienced/so perfect is unlikely) you will still end up with an old discontinued copier waiting for the next part to break or wear out.

I think this copier is borderline uneconomical to repair especially if low colour volume is expected.

The e2050c was introduced in May 2016. Expect Toshiba Tec to officially discontinue all support in May 2023 meaning no more OEM parts and toner.

If low colour, I would only replace the black developer and drum, lock out the colour with a Dept Code and tell the customer you now have a black only copier unless you want to pay for all of these parts up front.

Yes, it's the same as the "developer sleeve" or "mag roller" (magnetic roller)

Yes, exactly.

barber pole.jpg

@SalesServiceGuy: Does my American English terminology vary from what you'd say in Canada? I know you've seen these effects ... what would you call them? =^..^=
    .. I have heard the phrase "barber pole" before but I appreciate your explanation. I am trying hard to get all e2050c/ e2555c series copiers out of my area of responsibility.

@SalesServiceGuy: I can certainly understand that. But since most of the parts are the same as the Weisshorn Low/High Series (FC30/FC50) we should be able to keep them going a little longer.

@leonardom57: Cost is a serious consideration. Have you printed off the maintenance list yet? Yes, you could run into thousand(s) of US dollars spent in parts. Are you (or your customer) prepared to pay that?

I would make up a wish list, and price out everything you want. That could be enough incentive to get them into a new machine. Also keep in mind that you cannot make any samples yet. There is probably more in need of fixing. =^..^=