Toshiba e-studio 2050 Top Access - continously showing "session timeout"

Hey guys...

I've come accross a weird issue on a es2050 where top access won't load as it keeps displaying "session timeout".
    Client reported scan to email issues, obviously tried opening Top Access but got this error. Cool, restarted device and tried a different browser - Same problem.
    Tried chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge - same problem
    Tried from 2 different Pc's - same problem
    Reset IP - same problem
    Factory reset device - same problem

Client confirms that nobody from our office or from their IT logged in over the past few months.

Now that I'm writing this im thinking maybe it's a date/time issue on device as sometimes you get this issue loading web pages when your pc's date/time is out of whack. Something i didn't check after factory reset was completed (enter face palm slap emoji here)

It's probably something simple I'm missing but
    I didn't have access to firmware for this model, am planning on returning to client armed with firmware etc worst case scenario incase a hdd format is required.

Any other guys come accross this before?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Toshiba e-studio 2050 Top Access - continously showing "session timeout"

I've had similar issues in the past and I resolved it by formatting the HDD. TopAccess resides on the HDD and it may be corrupted. Or about to fail completely... That generation of Toshiba's had flakey HDD's.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Hey budd.. Thanks for the input.
    I thought along those lines yes, but didn't have firmware available to pop onto device after performing a HDD format.

One of our other techs is scheduled to swing by there to this very thing (in my absence) and hopefully once completed all will be okay then I'll just need to reconfigure the smtp etc.

As always, everyone's input is always appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    I've had similar issues in the past and I resolved it by formatting the HDD. TopAccess resides on the HDD and it may be corrupted. Or about to fail completely... That generation of Toshiba's had flakey HDD's.

Just an update...

Finally got back to this client as they're still working hybrid post covid. And a full format/firmware update resolved this.

Thanks again guys for all the replies and insight.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for posting back. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts barber782's Avatar

Just a thought, if this happens again it can be caused by too many users trying to print via WSD port which has a limit. This limit can be increased in 08-3765 from '10' connections to '20'
    If this the case then I would double check all the users PC's/laptops are setup to print via TCP/IP.