Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    GN-4030 wi-fi module issues

We only have one of the new SING20 series machines installed with the new GN-4030 wi-fi module. It intermittently gets "Cannot connect to the access point due to H/W abnormality of wireless LAN" message at the copier. Tried usual things, f/w update, network setting reset - no fix. We finally replaced the module all together with a new one. But they still get this error from time to time. Anybody else seeing this? Since it's the only one we have I can't be sure if it's a hardware issue, an environment issue, or just a bad product. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: GN-4030 wi-fi module issues

I haven't had that specific message, what I do know is that for 2.4Ghz connections the Toshiba WIFI won't operate on channels higher than 10. This creates a problem because most routers and access points are set to automatically switch channels according to how congested a frequency band is, this causes intermittent drop outs every time the router moves outside the supported range that the Toshiba device can see.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djbass View Post
    I haven't had that specific message, what I do know is that for 2.4Ghz connections the Toshiba WIFI won't operate on channels higher than 10. This creates a problem because most routers and access points are set to automatically switch channels according to how congested a frequency band is, this causes intermittent drop outs every time the router moves outside the supported range that the Toshiba device can see.
    I didn't know that. Very interesting. Might explain some of the other errors I'm getting on this machine. Thanks for the reply!
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I have asked the same question today on fyi.toshiba.com/ Service .