Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Toshiba E-studio 2500c scan to file?

Re: Toshiba E-studio 2500c scan to file?

One additional thought: If you're on Windows 10 it won't work by default. The e2500c series doesn't support SMB v.3 and Win10 won't connect to a fileshare that doesn't support it. You'd have to enable SMB v.1 on the PC, which I strongly recommend against. There's a reason Windows doesn't support it anymore and you could be opening your customer up to security breaches.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    thanks vincent ill let you know
    well the customer for this is an hour away so i went to a closer customer and tried this well it worked on one computer but not the second computer so do you know a reason why some work and others dont both pc's are on the network and use the toshiba

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    well the customer for this is an hour away so i went to a closer customer and tried this well it worked on one computer but not the second computer so do you know a reason why some work and others dont both pc's are on the network and use the toshiba
    Off hand without seeing the issue and having more info; I would say network discovery is not turned on on the computer or it's locked down too tight from I.T. or it's the Home edition of Windows and not Pro or the workstation and network is not configured properly.
    I would start with verifying network discovery, file and print sharing is turned on for the workstation the do a Ping command to the MFP.

Then there is the whole SMB version issue that been mentioned here already but the 2500ac should already have SMB versions that are new.
    If its a 2500c then the SMB version will be an issue - I do not know off hand if there was firmware for that old a product to enable SMB 2 and 3

..I carry an older Linux laptop and a small 5 port switch to rule out peoples networks ..or rather...rule out the copier and prove to the I.T. twit that the issue is on their end.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

This is a checklist that n25an posted in another thread that I've found invaluable. Check it out:

Did you verify that the user login and password did not change... for access to smb folder on the destination computer
    did you verify that the user login is admin...
    Did you verify that the hostname of the computer did not change...
    Did you check for IP conflict... by turning off the computer and pinging to it... any response conflict...
    Did you check for ip conflict... by turing off the copier and pinging to it... any response conflict
    did you try giving your computer the ip address of the copier and related settings that copier have... turning off the copier... and then tried moving files from your laptop to the destination pc to see if that works... might give some insights...
    Did you check if the hard drive is full on the destination pc.. that can stop scanning...

Is the admin login used for scanning the default admin login for a server... if so it has a limited amount of concurrent connections it can maintain at a time... so if it has over a certain limit then it stops taking requests until it kills one of those connections or it times out... this is a setting that can be set at creation of the account... its a security feature that sometimes causes trouble for scanning... because scanning to folder can trigger this feature if its enabled in the account... fix is to create an admin account with the limited login feature disabled... rarely seen this one...

***did you try enabling smb in additional features...
    did you turn off firewall on destination pc and test...
    some antivirus also kill scanning so turn off and test...
    ***did you check if the destination pc network setting was public if so that will stop scanning sometimes windows will turn it from private to public...
    *** did you check if the computer has pending windows updates... that can also stop scanning...
    *** (triple asterisk mark those are the things that have most often killed scanning for me)
    *** Make sure DNS settings or correct on the copier