Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Toshiba E-Studio 5520c color copier with fuser issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please Helpppp

Hey everyone, I have toshiba e-studio 5520c that has given me countless fuser error codes.
    It all started with a C-471 error message. I have replaced new parts on the copier unit like the IH Board, thirmistors and thurmipiles. Before I swapped out the thermistors, the copier started to give me a c-471 error message. Afterwards the copier gave out a c-449 error. i then swapped around the thermipiles on the copier and i was given another error message. I read the bullitan on the toshiba's fyi site( bULLITAN TSB-1034). I am still getting fuser codes. The latest one, after I swapped the thermipiles were the c-445 and the c-472 errors on teh copier. Toshiba tech support wanted me to change a wiring harness, but did not tell me which one. Has anyone seen this with this model toshiba before. Help Please!!!!!Thanks

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Toshiba E-Studio 5520c color copier with fuser issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please Helpppp

Those codes you referred to (C445 and C472) relate to the fuser lamp and the power supply board. I would check the lamps and also the fuses on the power supply.
    If your having a few probs with the fuser might be worth checking if your getting the correct voltage from the mains. If its plugged into an extension that can cause problems also.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I agree with michaelc- sounds like bad power. We've had various Toshiba machines in the field that kick up fuser codes when the voltage is bad or neutral to ground is high. I'd put a line monitor on the machine and see what it's doing.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician
    I had the same fuser troubles, changed power supply unit, thermistors, lamps.
    Nothing helps.
    The last action was a Firmware update and I have heard nothing about this issues.
    Machine works now 9 months without any fuser problem.

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Bani is right about most machines, always update the firmware to the latest levels. Helps with many problems. Did you check your mains and power supply board?

Dal_tech
    Have you checked the country code. I reformatted a hdd on one and it changed the country code and threw fuser ih code errors. Took me 3 days to figure out.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Are you sure that the copier is plugged into a dedicated 20 AMP power supply. Have you tried a Tripp Lite LC2400 Line Conditioner to make sure the copier is getting sufficent power?

JaV

Re: Toshiba E-Studio 5520c color copier with fuser issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please Hel

Hey guys, I have an E-studio 281C having the C472 error code, I know this is an energy problem I am currently having, but I know there´s a way to erase the error code for a time using commands on the copier.

Could you please give me the way to do it, as I have to make my machine work for a little time until I can solve the energy problem?

Wait for a fast answer, thanks!

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Re: Toshiba E-Studio 5520c color copier with fuser issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please Hel

Quote Originally Posted by JaV View Post
    Hey guys, I have an E-studio 281C having the C472 error code, I know this is an energy problem I am currently having, but I know there´s a way to erase the error code for a time using commands on the copier.

Could you please give me the way to do it, as I have to make my machine work for a little time until I can solve the energy problem?

Wait for a fast answer, thanks!
    You should maybe post this under a new thread. It is a problem with the fuser.