Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Printing through IE9, strips Department codes and User info from print jobs??

Since IE9 came out, I've been having issues on installs where departments codes are used. The issues are random and not everyone with IE9 is affected. So far it happens ount the ebrdige 2030c series and the new ebx series machines.

What happens is that print jobs that are sent have the users Department code and stored in the driver. The customer hits print from any other programs and the jobs shows up in the print queue and the PC name, pages, sets etc... show up fine. When printing from IE9 only does the PC name, user name and department code get stripped off the job and it shoves it into the "Invalid queue"at the mfp.

When security is disbaled in IE9 the jobs come through fine. I've been through all security settings with Toshiba DSC and can't find a resolution. Has anyone else had similiar issues?

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Printing through IE9, strips Department codes and User info from print jobs??

Re: Printing through IE9, strips Department codes and User info from print jobs??

I am not sure on the solution for the problem but you can set the machines to print the invalid files. I am sure the setting is in top access some where.

Maybe a temp fix for now.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Printing through IE9, strips Department codes and User info from print jobs??

IE9 still pretty much sucks at this point - nothing would surprise me.

It is absolutely NOT ready for prime time.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    I am not sure on the solution for the problem but you can set the machines to print the invalid files. I am sure the setting is in top access some where.

Maybe a temp fix for now.
    But would that not defeat the purpose of the departments codes. Would it not print and disregard to the code all together?

Anyone else have this before.? Had it happen again today , win 7 64bit pro with IE9, brand new fresh out the box, avg free edition. Install google chrome worked right a way. Different pc down the hall similiar pc with ie9 and has nos issues at all ?????.