Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Holepunch Error CB80

This code has appeared twice before on an es850 witin the last 6 months. Both time replaceing the PWB-A Bd on the hole punch fixed it. Today it did it again so I took off the hole punch till I can get a replacement Bd.. The definition of the code is:
    Backup RAM data abnormality:1) Abnormality of checksum value on the finisher controller PC board is detected when the power is turned ON. 2) Abnormality of checksum value on the punch controller PC board is detected when the power is turned
    Also,when I rebooted the machine, I had a F105 code that reformatting the HDD took care of.
    Thanks,
    Al

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Al post which finisher and hole punch w/firmware. I think there was an issue with one of these combo's.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

I replaced the hole punch bd. two weeks ago and swapped the hole punch unit with a hole punch unit on an identical machine next to it. The different hole punch unit has now blown it's control bd. so the problem is somewhere in the connected finisher. Both machines have identical firmware versions. Has anyone had this type of problem?

Finisher - MJ1028
    Hole Punch - MJ6003
    Copier - es850