Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Estudio452 toner message

I will go to this call in the morning since I was only told about it on my way home for the day (hate it when that happens). A new install just delievered. When our sales person was showing it to the customer it displayed the message \"toner not recognized\". I ask the sales person if he was sure it didn\'t say \"use only genuine Toshiba toner\" and he was quite sure of the message since he was in front of the copier. He said he had tried a different toner bottle and got the same message. Says machine comes to ready, but won\'t let you make copies. I am stumped on this one because I can find no documentation on that message and have never ran across it before. I plan on checking the toner cartridge detection switch, and making sure the bottle rotates and feeds toner; but I would never expect to see such a message. Has anyone seen that message before, and do you know what it relates to?

Jerry

Re:Estudio452 toner message

I answered you on Smarka, but not much help. I checked the Tosh site and found nothing. Good luck man.

Technician

Re:Estudio452 toner message

Problem was solved. I called Toshiba\'s tech support and found out that on the new machines the message \"use genuine toshiba toner\" has been replaced with \"toner not recognized\". Armed with that information I was able to quickly determine that the toner bottle was not turning smoothly - was making jerking motion as it turned. Had to replace the coupler gear in the toner drive unit; part number 6LA68906000. Not an uncommon problem on the estudio b/w machines, but that new message really through me for a loop.