Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Smile Belt Position 1

I have done the required reset of the fault code in the maintenance menu. It started at position 3 and went to 2 and now 1. Now I am stuck. How do I take out the ITB to reset it to the home position?

Looking for a Xerox 240 Service Manual.

Reset to "0" or home position

Quote Originally Posted by TechMate View Post
    Hold down 0 (zero) for 5 seconds and press start (green) button
    enter 6789, confirm
    press log in/log out button or the key button
    press systems settings, common settings, maintenance, NVM read/ write
    enter nvm 741-105 and change it to 0 (zero)
    It is necessary to open the ITB to manually reset? If so, how?

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gooch4prez View Post
    It is necessary to open the ITB to manually reset? If so, how?
    That value should always be zero, repeat the procedure if necessary. You also have to check and clean the silver patch on the IBT belt; replace if required. Also check condition of the IBT cleaner

Frankenstein

Quote Originally Posted by TechMate View Post
    That value should always be zero, repeat the procedure if necessary. You also have to check and clean the silver patch on the IBT belt; replace if required. Also check condition of the IBT cleaner
    It is alive. Thanks for the advice. I opened the IBT and the belt was a little skewed. I am up and running now!

THANKS!

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gooch4prez View Post
    It is alive. Thanks for the advice. I opened the IBT and the belt was a little skewed. I am up and running now!

THANKS!
    The pleasure is mine

chrisp

Cool drum reset document centre & Apeosport.

Hi.
    I often cover remote areas and as such I have to deal with many brands that I am often not completely familiar with, Often in such cases it would be benificial to have a code to get a xerox machine going until I can send or return with a new drum . Can you please give me the NVM code and reset proceedure for the models you know. Thank you so much.
    Regards ChrisP

chrisp
    Its OK I found this setting NVM 751-448 SET TO 1 continues copying but warns drum needs replacement now.

Technician

Belt keeps moving????`

Ok im getting a little irritated with this thing. First off im trying to run a 10 pages book 11x17 folded stapled, Its on 70lb Titan gloss, I keep getting jams 077-130 Duplex out sensor on jam and 077-118 Duplex feed pre regi sensor on jam. Ive cleaned the whole machine ,and wiped the paper path with some solution that helps with the static issues because that was what i thought was causing it being gloss, Ive also clean all the rollers with rubber roller rejuvenate stuff. Still jams. And now to add to the whole thing my ibt belt keeps moving of center and i cant figure out why. Ive check everything on it and cleaned the cleaning assembly and the reflective patch is still reflective. But after like 100 books i get the 042-326 error and have to recenter my belt. I HAVE to have this job done tonight, well and i still have roughly 300-400 books to go and its been 3 days of all nighters for me and im running to the end of my rope lol. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Copytechnet Gurus!!!!

Technician
    lol forgot to mention its a xerox dc250 with a booklet finisher. And im currently running, just very slow and unproductive lol. Again thanks for any advice ill be checking back like every half hour

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Xerox DC 240 BK Drum

I have a customer who has Xerox DC 240. The machine had little black spot on BK drum. I have changed 4 brand new Black drum now but I still keep geting those little black spot on drum after I copy about 200 to 300 copies. I can see those spot on my printed pages. Any idea how to stop getting my BK drum dameged.
    Sounds weird but I hope it make sense to you guys.
    Thank you.