Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Yellow Toner not working

Hi,

I have DC250. The problem is yellow toner not contacting with developer. There is no error codes. Prints are in CMK only. No Yellow. I have checked all the developer unit as well as developer motor. Its working fine. But yellow is not printing. Will someone help me? Please...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Yellow Toner not working

What was the machine doing when you started to notice the issue? Sounds like you may have clogged toner dispense assembly. Remove the yellow drum cart and check the developer mag roller, do you have a full clean brush all the way across? Can you see any shiny metal on the roller?

Hope this helps

Hi Jr Tech,

I saw that the metal roller is shining. I believe that the developer must in waste toner container. It is ok. But yellow toner ctg. is full. There is no activity of toner passing. What can I do?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Shiny on the mag roller is not good. Your correct there is a supply issue from toner to developers. Open toner door and remove all of the toners, take a paper clip and straighten out or small screw driver. Where you install the toners, manually release the yellow toner door on the dispense assembly and stick that screwdriver or paper clip in there to wiggle around and move out any compacted toner in there. Sounds to me like you are in need of a Toner Dispense Assembly part number US Part # 094K04556 - Dispense Y. I have seen this issue due to moisture in cartridge will clump up and compact the dispense assy. Either way if you have no developer you may want to either replace entire developer unit or refill it. Part number 604K24226 Developer Housing CMY, and the yellow developer/charge/powder 675K18020.

Hope this helps

Hi Jr Tech,
    Thanks for your nice suggestion. I was tried to go through dispence unit. First I checked the Toner ctg. motor through NVM with 093-001. It works fine. Secondly I checked 093-006 Dispence Motor Y. There is very high noise. I think the Dispence motor alongwith attached gear will be damaged. Is it possible than I only replace the gears or motor or both. Please help me.