Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7545 Fiery stuck at BOOTING KERNEL

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    The VGA output always displays that message, even when it is fully booted up and running. The only VGA output relates to BIOS boot up, so you don't see any messages after the initial boot command with the BIOS.
    The display on the front should show 00, any other number and it has not booted correctly.
    Check the position of the DIP switches next to the display, as unless it is set correctly it also will not boot.
    Basically the fiery should issue an 100.100.100.101 IP to the mfd via the fiery's scan port LAN connection, and then you can select the fiery icon on the mfd display to configure the fiery with a contactable ip address for the LAN port.

I would check the DIP switches, as unless they are set you will not get online and the fiery will not publish the icon to the mfd.
    Thanks for your help, both of the switches are "OFF"/down, setting it to NORMAL MODE.
    The fiery display reads 00.

The fans do sound like they are running high, as I would expect when first turning on but they don't slow down. This is the only odd thing I have noticed, other than the missing fiery icon.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewzif View Post
    Thanks for your help, both of the switches are "OFF"/down, setting it to NORMAL MODE.
    The fiery display reads 00.

The fans do sound like they are running high, as I would expect when first turning on but they don't slow down. This is the only odd thing I have noticed, other than the missing fiery icon.
    The only other thing I can suggest is to ensure that the Fiery is booted fully before turning the machine on, as the mfd has to 'see' the fiery to be able to grab it's 100.100.100.101 IP address. The fans run fast anyway, and you hear the Fiery fan noise above all of the other fans, so they are noisy. It may be worth replacing cables too, the machine does not need a crossover cable either as the ports all auto switch. Failing that I am out of ideas as it has already been reloaded which sorts most issues

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 7545 Fiery stuck at BOOTING KERNEL

Same date, same time on both copier and Fiery

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Same date, same time on both copier and Fiery
    He wouldn't be able to check this though as the Fiery is not on the network as it is unconfigured until he can connect via the mfd screen to be able to log into it to check

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 7545 Fiery stuck at BOOTING KERNEL

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    He wouldn't be able to check this though as the Fiery is not on the network as it is unconfigured until he can connect via the mfd screen to be able to log into it to check
    What about to read Fiery install and configuration guide ?