Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox 7545 Fiery stuck at BOOTING KERNEL

I just got two used Fiery's for the Xerox 7545 but can't get either to boot unfortunately, sticks at BOOTING KERNEL.

I have a 7845 with the same model fiery, E100-01. I used ACRONIS to clone the hard drive hoping this would be my solution but no luck, same issue, sticks while booting kernel. I do not have the fiery CD's unfortunately.

Anyone familiar with these Fiery's have any suggestions? Anyone willing to share the CD's so I can reload the software?

NOTE: I cloned the drive to a SSD, doubt this would make a difference but maybe it's worth mentioning.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7545 Fiery stuck at BOOTING KERNEL

The previous owner may have had the hard drives wiped for security reasons. You might need the cd's to reload it. You might want to crack open the Fiery to make sure it has a hard drive.If reloading software does not work the hard drive is probably bad.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The previous owner may have had the hard drives wiped for security reasons. You might need the cd's to reload it. You might want to crack open the Fiery to make sure it has a hard drive.If reloading software does not work the hard drive is probably bad.
    Thanks, both of the fiery's have the HD's connected, as mentioned we cloned a working system but that drive will not boot in the other fiery's. I really think i need the cd's, i'm guessing the clone won't work maybe because of a license issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You cannot clone the hdd's as it ties the load to the mac address of the NIC for multiple fiery locations. The only option is to reload via the disks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    You cannot clone the hdd's as it ties the load to the mac address of the NIC for multiple fiery locations. The only option is to reload via the disks
    Thanks for the info! Now i just need to get some CD's without paying a ridiculous price for them

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewzif View Post
    Thanks for the info! Now i just need to get some CD's without paying a ridiculous price for them
    I am just upping it to dropbox now, I will post a link once it is available

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    Wow thanks a million! Hope i can return the favor some day.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I got the software reloaded in 2016 but still fiery display on VGA says booting to kernel. Never got it to work or game much more effort.

Now in 2019!

Software reloaded again. Fiery hands out an ip to the 7845, 169.254.33.179 or similar (171 also)

Note this Xerox 7845 was recently ALT-BOOT'd, has never had a fiery.

Don't see the fiery on the network scanning with angry IP.

Fiery connected to the printer with a crossover cable and fiery connected to our office network.

Is it even working given the state "Booting to Kernel".??

How would i get the fiery icon to appear ont he 7845's UI ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewzif View Post
    I got the software reloaded in 2016 but still fiery display on VGA says booting to kernel. Never got it to work or game much more effort.
    The VGA output always displays that message, even when it is fully booted up and running. The only VGA output relates to BIOS boot up, so you don't see any messages after the initial boot command with the BIOS.
    The display on the front should show 00, any other number and it has not booted correctly.
    Check the position of the DIP switches next to the display, as unless it is set correctly it also will not boot.
    Basically the fiery should issue an 100.100.100.101 IP to the mfd via the fiery's scan port LAN connection, and then you can select the fiery icon on the mfd display to configure the fiery with a contactable ip address for the LAN port.

I would check the DIP switches, as unless they are set you will not get online and the fiery will not publish the icon to the mfd.