Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DOL2

ColorQube 9302 Won't Restart

For the second time in two weeks, we open in the morning to find the copier in the "powering on" mode, but it remains that way. Two weeks ago the tech first thought it was the HD, but was able to reload the software.

Now that it's happened a second time, unsure what to think. I have the copier set to auto-run an overwrite every night at 11:59 (the machine is used constantly during the workday), and it's been very stable since the auto-overwrite was changed to daily a few months ago, but now this latest problem.

This morning Xerox CS suggested unplugging the machine to see if it would reset, and we tried it twice for more than a few minutes, but no success.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Re: ColorQube 9302 Won't Restart

Does the machine show any errors after a while? What screen does it get stuck on?

DOL2

No errors, just stays on the green powering on screen. I've turned it off and on a few times, and it resets to a certain place (I can hear it resetting certain devices) but then it just remains in the powering on mode (same problem as 2 weeks ago)...

Thanks

Sounds like either your Firmware is crashed, or possibly HDD. I unfortunately don't have access to the FW anymore, so you will have to call a dealer, or try to find it online somewhere. Xerox is kind of protective, so it may be harder to find than others... Firmware is usually free, so I would start there.

you could also hold # and * while powering the machine on, and it will got into a service mode screen. I believe the code is 1932, or 1945. once in, there will probably be a service code number on the bottom left, that will help in the troubleshooting process.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOL2 View Post
    For the second time in two weeks, we open in the morning to find the copier in the "powering on" mode, but it remains that way. Two weeks ago the tech first thought it was the HD, but was able to reload the software.

Now that it's happened a second time, unsure what to think. I have the copier set to auto-run an overwrite every night at 11:59 (the machine is used constantly during the workday), and it's been very stable since the auto-overwrite was changed to daily a few months ago, but now this latest problem.

This morning Xerox CS suggested unplugging the machine to see if it would reset, and we tried it twice for more than a few minutes, but no success.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Start with a firmware reload via USB.

If you don't know how to do it. Ask here.

Getting stuck there indicates firmware load failure or blocking component failure.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Prisimtech is correct a ALTBOOT with the FORCED_UPGRADE in the folder as well as the latest firmware(072.180.20611.200) should get you going.

If not HDD sound right

Hello,
    I purchased a used Qolorcube 9302 and have it plugged in my garage. I keep getting the fault code: 099-273
    I am not able to print anything it says scan only.. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thanks very much,
    Carol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carol5 View Post
    Hello,
    I purchased a used Qolorcube 9302 and have it plugged in my garage. I keep getting the fault code: 099-273
    I am not able to print anything it says scan only.. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thanks very much,
    Carol
    99-273-00 Drum driver PWB, 24V fuse B open.

That is a very rare error code on a CQ 9xxx series. I have only had it occur if someone rapid cycles the power or during power outages.

Restart machine and try again. If not verify you have provided the right code. If code is correct drum driver PWB will have to be replaced. I have them in stock in London, Ontario.

Hello,

Thanks very much,
    Carol
    Thanks very much for your assistance. I restarted it again. It gave that same message (099-273) I have it plugged in my garage via a power bar extension cord. I am wondering if that might be the issue. Do I need to plug the copier cord directly into the wall plug or is the power bar cord ok. The machine powers up ok but it will only scan.. The office that I bought the machine from was using it. It was in my garage over the winter and not plugged in. I dont know if that would make a difference or not?

Thanks so much!!
    Carol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks very much for your assistance. I restarted it again. It gave that same message (099-273) I have it plugged in my garage via a power bar extension cord. I am wondering if that might be the issue. Do I need to plug the copier cord directly into the wall plug or is the power bar cord ok. The machine powers up ok but it will only scan.. The office that I bought the machine from was using it. It was in my garage over the winter and not plugged in. I dont know if that would make a difference or not?

Thanks so much!!
    Carol

Plug straight to the wall. If it still gives you the message, it's time for a drum driver PWB.