Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

7665 stuck on green square at power on

I have a 7665 that will not complete power on and faults out after 7 minutes showing a green square that doesn't move. I've reloaded 40.33.52... s/w without problems and monitored the nw controller. I only get 1 banner showing the controller is up (but not connected to the iot?).
    I tried a new firewire pwb at both ends and a good firewire cable). The pws won't connect to allow me to find a fault code. Shouldn't the ui let me in? It's been a while since I've fought this battle. Any ideas will help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 7665 stuck on green square at power on

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    I have a 7665 that will not complete power on and faults out after 7 minutes showing a green square that doesn't move. I've reloaded 40.33.52... s/w without problems and monitored the nw controller. I only get 1 banner showing the controller is up (but not connected to the iot?).
    I tried a new firewire pwb at both ends and a good firewire cable). The pws won't connect to allow me to find a fault code. Shouldn't the ui let me in? It's been a while since I've fought this battle. Any ideas will help.
    Hello,
    If the customer can print while the green box is moving, that eliminates network controller hardware problems. If you can't print then test there network controller.

Rgds
    Godfrey

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 7665 stuck on green square at power on

Quote Originally Posted by Mukasa View Post
    Hello,
    If the customer can print while the green box is moving, that eliminates network controller hardware problems. If you can't print then test there network controller.

Rgds
    Godfrey

The n/w controller box attached to the back was good, the 2 firewire board and cable were good and it ended up being the network controller board in the copier.